Excel Class Ocean Suites

jakenzie32

Looking for opinions on the Ocean Suites on Excel class ships. 

I have only stayed on a balcony cabin on the Triumph (Sunshine) and Breeze. The last time I cruised was in 2016. 

Do the Ocean Suite balcony's on deck 9 lose their appeal because you are looking down onto another deck instead of the ocean?

Does the lack of privacy on the Ocean Suites bother you? I was also looking at the corner Ocean Suites cabins that are a little larger, the OT Ocean Suites. These cabins seem to have even less privacy.... do you get used to it or is it not that big of a deal?

I am considering not booking an Excel class because of the cons of the balcony or do the other advantages of the ship outweigh the the balcony cons?

In my opinion, the balconies are not that bad. I’ve been in ocean suites on deck 9 and corner ocean suites. I prefer the corner ocean suites because they are a bit larger and they are fully covered. Having said that, I would stay in both again. The other benefits of the ship definitely outweigh the balcony cons. 

I don’t lean over the railing and look down, I look out. So having something below isn’t a big deal to me. I’ve had plenty of cabins with something beneath the balcony and I just don’t get why people complain. I look out across the horizon to see the sunset or sunrise. I look off into the distance to wildlife or other ships. But it doesn’t occur to me to lean over and look down. Maybe I’m different I don’t know but it just isn’t a big deal to me. As to privacy I rarely see people out and about when I’m on my balcony so it’s never been a problem. I had an ocean suite on deck 9 on the Mardi Gras in February and liked it so much I booked an Ocean Suite on the Celebration for July and I’m really looking forward to it.  

• Like 1

It all depends on what you want to do on your balcony. I've stayed in OT corner balconies on both MG and Celebration, decks 11, 12 and 15.

All other balconies on the right can see you, but there are hardly people using their balcony. If you want to read, chill,  have coffee, no problem.

If you want to run around naked, these balconies are not for you. Pick the DS Excel suite instead. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

It all depends on what you want to do on your balcony. I've stayed in OT corner balconies on both MG and Celebration, decks 11, 12 and 15.

All other balconies on the right can see you, but there are hardly people using their balcony. If you want to read, chill,  have coffee, no problem.

If you want to run around naked, these balconies are not for you. Pick the DS Excel suite instead. 

Considering MG and looking at balconies (we usually stay in balcony around Lido deck). No clue about this ship and best/worst options for balconies. Any help on what might equal basic balcony on MG would be helpful. 

Just got off MG couple of weeks ago and had one of the corner bump out excel suites, loved it!  Absolutely loved the size of the balcony and the cabin in general.  We were on port side deck 12 (perfect deck for us and we do not use elevators),  great views and had no issues with seeing the regular balconies and actually barely noticed. 

Cant say how the regular balcony people felt about us having a view of them but again we mostly looked straight out and totally enjoyed the 180 degree, curved view of the bump out.  We would book again in a heart beat and it will be very hard to go back to regular balcony cabin as far as we are concerned.  

Edited by Drazil65

14 hours ago, Drazil65 said:

Just got off MG couple of weeks ago and had one of the corner bump out excel suites, loved it!  Absolutely loved the size of the balcony and the cabin in general.  We were on port side deck 12 (perfect deck for us and we do not use elevators),  great views and had no issues with seeing the regular balconies and actually barely noticed. 

Cant say how the regular balcony people felt about us having a view of them but again we mostly looked straight out and totally enjoyed the 180 degree, curved view of the bump out.  We would book again in a heart beat and it will be very hard to go back to regular balcony cabin as far as we are concerned.  

We’re in one of these in just 2 weeks. We have 14410. I’m so glad you liked it. I was a little worried about the privacy, but honestly the size and view of the balcony wins out!

• Like 1

Here are some pics of our bump out suite (OT) on deck 15.  We loved it.  Great views out to sea.  You can be seen from and see into a lot of balconies.  We occasionally visited with balcony neighbors, but most people just mind their own business.  I like that the balcony was fully covered which doesn't happen on deck 9.  The balcony was as deep as the overhang.  We booked this same cabin on MG for this month.

image.thumb.jpeg.82cd3345a38a9bd8ce5f7322c36c28f8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8e7ecabe705cb02ef082e7837e6461db.jpeg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RoperDK said:

Here are some pics of our bump out suite (OT) on deck 15.  We loved it.  Great views out to sea.  You can be seen from and see into a lot of balconies.  We occasionally visited with balcony neighbors, but most people just mind their own business.  I like that the balcony was fully covered which doesn't happen on deck 9.  The balcony was as deep as the overhang.  We booked this same cabin on MG for this month.

image.thumb.jpeg.82cd3345a38a9bd8ce5f7322c36c28f8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8e7ecabe705cb02ef082e7837e6461db.jpeg

Stunning!! 

• Thanks 1

Just off MG today and had an Ocean suite. The first, 9418, was so noisy at night we ended up changing after two nights to 9302.  9302 was much quieter and near the forward elevators.  Didn’t mind the awning underneath our balcony but the lack of privacy was very noticeable, especially in 9418.  

All things being equal, we would pick an extended balcony over the entry level Ocean Suite in the future.  The bump out suites look cool and may try one in the future.