Mendenhall helicopter w/ landing hike or Misty Fjords by Seaplane

Want2Cruise 701

If you could only do one, which one?  Cost issue. We are going late May if that makes a difference. Also, morning or afternoon tours if that makes a difference too. 

If we don’t do the helicopter land on Mendenhall with hike, we will still go to Mendenhall via land and go to the falls. 

If we don’t do the seaplane to Misty Fjords, we are considering the Zodiac Quest to George Inlet Fjords or a Misty Fjords explorer cruise.  I will say the seaplane crashes do make me nervous but not ruling it out.

TIA

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I would do Misty Fjords by seaplane but you need to use Island Wings. We took our children & grandkids last summer. Island Wings actually lands on a small island & lets you get out & walk around.  It was amazing.  Other float plane services ( which we have also previously done) only land & let you stand on the base. Not the same. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 2/6/2023 at 10:47 AM, islandchick said:

I would take the helicopter, however you should consider doing it in Juneau or Skagway with the dogsleds. It is really fun and a great scenic flight. 

So helicopter to Mendenhall glacier then dog sledding there? Got a link?

Have done both and both are great excursions!  First choice is helicopter landing IMO.  If you decide on floatplane, be SURE the weather is good that day (HAL often cancels on bad weather days anyway).