Wifi for two passengers

dedlaw

X offers lower cost per device when purchasing wifi for multiple devices.  But it looks like if H&W each want, say, one device, they have to pay twice the single device rate rather than getting the two-device deal.  Is that correct?  And how do they know who is using what device?

4 hours ago, dedlaw said:

X offers lower cost per device when purchasing wifi for multiple devices.  But it looks like if H&W each want, say, one device, they have to pay twice the single device rate rather than getting the two-device deal.  Is that correct?  And how do they know who is using what device?

You can use it on different devices...say your Iphone then you can log out and use it on your labtop by signing back it and going through the whole set up again (but not both devices at the same time). I suppose you can do this with your wife but to me its a pain signing in and out each time with the set up. I am saying you would have to remove it completly from the one device then reload it on  the other.

Edited by southernbreezes

6 hours ago, dedlaw said:

Definitely you'd want to buy the one person, two device plan and share with your spouse. You create an account/password and you both use the same credentials to log in. 

I shared a one person, three device plan with my kid and his gf on my last cruise. No issues.

On 1/9/2023 at 4:43 AM, southernbreezes said:

You can use it on different devices...say your Iphone then you can log out and use it on your labtop by signing back it and going through the whole set up again (but not both devices at the same time). I suppose you can do this with your wife but to me its a pain signing in and out each time with the set up. I am saying you would have to remove it completly from the one device then reload it on  the other.

Thank you for the information as I had this exact question.

To clarify - if I purchase the 2 device plan, then I could use it on my iphone and then would need to log-off if my son would want to use wifi on his phone? Is it done through the Celebrity app and he needs an account of some sorts? The wifi cost is crazy so would like to do the 2 device plan if possible rather than each purchase 1 device of the premium. Hopefully the wifi is good on the Equinox! 

19 minutes ago, cykim7 said:

To clarify - if I purchase the 2 device plan, then I could use it on my iphone and then would need to log-off if my son would want to use wifi on his phone? Is it done through the Celebrity app and he needs an account of some sorts? The wifi cost is crazy so would like to do the 2 device plan if possible rather than each purchase 1 device of the premium. Hopefully the wifi is good on the Equinox! 

I am currently on the Equinox and i have one person one device plan on their Starlink.   I open account in my name.   Once i log in i create a shortcut on the homescreen of my ipad.   I then signed my wife in on her ipad using my sign in username and password.  Screen asked me if i wanted to switch to this device. I said yes and voilà she was signed in i then added the shortcut to her ipad homescreen   After that whoever used it last just stayed signed in until the other opened their ipad and opened the shortcut at which time it asked if wanted to switch to that device.   We never have to sign out as when one person uses it the  other person is automatically signed out.   I do this process for our two ipads and two iphones , however only one device can be signed in at a time.    If i purchased one person and two or more devices all of the devices up to the max i purchased for could be signed in at sane time all using my user name and password

Disclaimer: I am not that technically savvy to know how to do that on my own so on first day of cruise I took our two ipads to the internet support person and she supplied me with that information and actually did the setups for me and ensured it worked as she said it would.  

it works for us because we dont both need to be on the internet continuously at the same time.  

hope tis info is helpful

Edited by retird
  • Like 1

On 1/9/2023 at 4:43 AM, southernbreezes said:

Thats not how it works.   Read my post.   Im currently using it this way on the Equinox.     No need to sign out , it automatically does that when second goes online using the shortcut

11 minutes ago, retird said:

I am currently on the Equinox and i have one person one device plan on their Starlink.   I open account in my name.   Once i log in i create a shortcut on the homescreen of my ipad.   I then signed my wife in on her ipad using my sign in username and password.  Screen asked me if i wanted to switch to this device. I said yes and voilà she was signed in i then added the shortcut to her ipad homescreen   After that whoever used it last just stayed signed in until the other opened their ipad and opened the shortcut at which time it asked if wanted to switch to that device.   We never have to sign out as when one person uses it the  other person is automatically signed out.   I do this process for our two ipads and two iphones , however only one device can be signed in at a time.    If i purchased one person and two or more devices all of the devices up to the max i purchased for could be signed in at sane time all using my user name and password

Disclaimer: I am not that technically savvy to know how to do that on my own so on first day of cruise I took our two ipads to the internet support person and she supplied me with that information and actually did the setups for me and ensured it worked as she said it would.  

it works for us because we dont both need to be on the internet continuously at the same time.  

hope tis info is helpful

Yes! So helpful - thank you! How is the wifi? I was on a different cruise line last week and had the upgraded plan and it felt like dial-up 😞 so frustrating! hopefully since Celebrity has Starlink, it is better!. 

Edited by cykim7

8 hours ago, cykim7 said:

Yes! So helpful - thank you! How is the wifi? I was on a different cruise line last week and had the upgraded plan and it felt like dial-up 😞 so frustrating! hopefully since Celebrity has Starlink, it is better!. 

I have the premium wifi and it works great anywhere on the ship.   Surfing , streaming works with no buffering.   

• Like 1

On 1/13/2023 at 11:00 PM, cykim7 said:

With the two device plans your use your account to log into a device.  Then you use the same account to log into a second device.  You now have both devices connected using the two device plan. 

As an example.  You log in to the account you created on your iPhone.  You then use that account to log your son's device in.  If you wanted to change from your iPhone to an iPad, you would log off the iPhone and then log on with the iPad.  Your son's connection would not be affected. 

As others have said, once you have two devices connected if you wanted to connect a third, the WiFi would prompt you to disconnect one of the already connected devices before allowing the third device to connect.  I find it easier to manage by manually disconnecting before switching devices but YMMV. 

• Like 1