First carnival cruise ?s

heziggy

Hi everyone. I've come to cruise critic in the past for info for RCL now I've come for Carnival help. We leave in 2 weeks on Legend.  It is me, husband and 20yr old son(but acts and prefer aan olde4 crowd) who just graduated from College and heading to law school in the fall. 

So...I have a few questions.

1.  Can you while punch the sail card and if so, best place to punch the card?

2. How difficult is it to get a ride from the ship to cruise port exit (Bahamas) and from port entrance back to ship?

3.  If you get the ten picture package, can the port pictures be included are is it only the pictures they take on board(I know the professional pics are not inc.)

4.  From experience, is late January early February crowded with lots of kids/partying people?

5.  Will Carnival give you a lift after check in to ship at home port? If so, who do I ask?  I have spinal stenosis and can only walk slow and so far without sitting, so I would prefer not to back up the line.  

6.  What is largest probable size for the St Jude groove, the price and so actually have to do it if you pay/donate to get the shirt?

Thank you for any and all answers.

3 hours ago, heziggy said:

Hi everyone. I've come to cruise critic in the past for info for RCL now I've come for Carnival help. We leave in 2 weeks on Legend.  It is me, husband and 20yr old son(but acts and prefer aan olde4 crowd) who just graduated from College and heading to law school in the fall. 

So...I have a few questions.

1.  Can you while punch the sail card and if so, best place to punch the card?

2. How difficult is it to get a ride from the ship to cruise port exit (Bahamas) and from port entrance back to ship?

3.  If you get the ten picture package, can the port pictures be included are is it only the pictures they take on board(I know the professional pics are not inc.)

4.  From experience, is late January early February crowded with lots of kids/partying people?

5.  Will Carnival give you a lift after check in to ship at home port? If so, who do I ask?  I have spinal stenosis and can only walk slow and so far without sitting, so I would prefer not to back up the line.  

6.  What is largest probable size for the St Jude groove, the price and so actually have to do it if you pay/donate to get the shirt?

Thank you for any and all answers.

1. The cards come pre-punched with a hole in the corner.

2. Taxis are very prevalent in the Bahamas, just make sure you know what you are paying and getting before you get in the cab.

3. I think the picture package is only for the 8x10's but the pictures they take on the pier might be included (they don't cost as much as the 8x10's though so including them may not be best price wise).

4. There are always partiers and a fair amount of kids, but it's easy enough to avoid both.

5. They do have wheelchair assistance that you can request in the terminal. Right after security they will have employees directing people to the line, ask them for the physical assistance line. (Pro tip, if you want a boarding picture make sure that you let the person steering the wheel chair know, otherwise they might just bypass this step.)

6. The donation is $15 I believe and that gets you the shirt. I received a 3X on Legend because I waited too long to donate.

Congrats to your son!

Agree with Sparks but since you need wheelchair assistance at the port for embarkation and maybe for debarkation as well, contact special needs before the cruise.   The cruise line needs to know, especially if there is an emergency.  Congrats and enjoy your cruise. 

• Like 1

You do NOT have to participate in the groove if you don't want to...you can just donate if you wish...the Groove for St Jude activity itself is entirely optional. Shirt sizes are varying from ship to ship right now so check with them as to what sizes they have. On my last cruise they only had XL for example.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2023 at 7:08 AM, lazydayz said:

Agree with Sparks but since you need wheelchair assistance at the port for embarkation and maybe for debarkation as well, contact special needs before the cruise.   The cruise line needs to know, especially if there is an emergency.  Congrats and enjoy your cruise. 

This is an excellent point but there is little communication of this between the ship and the terminal, so one would still need to ask for assistance in the terminal. It is also possible to rent a wheel chair or scooter for the cruise from a third party (google "wheelchair cruise rental" or something similar).

• Like 1

On 1/11/2023 at 2:33 AM, heziggy said:

The length of your cruise has a lot to do with the type of crowd.  Shorter cruises (especially 3 and 4 day) tend to have more rowdiness.  

And even though Carnival has deck parties etc. they're easy to avoid.