Why are all balcony rooms showing sold out for June and July?

poshmom

Yes, I would guess it is due to the number of people.  I see a lot of sailings with open balconies when I look for 2.

It may be possible that you will need to look at 2 cabins (1 balcony and 1 inside - like directly across the hall).  This would be the most economical way to accommodate that many people and still get a balcony room.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, poshmom said:

Are they really sold out already?  The only ones it's showing available out of Galveston for 7-8 day cruises are ocean view.  There are five of us traveling.  Is it because there are five people?

Yes. Consider splitting into two cabins. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, wemjam said:

Yes, I would guess it is due to the number of people.  I see a lot of sailings with open balconies when I look for 2.

It may be possible that you will need to look at 2 cabins (1 balcony and 1 inside - like directly across the hall).  This would be the most economical way to accommodate that many people and still get a balcony room.

So, how do you search for those type rooms? One balcony with interior room directly across hall?

8 minutes ago, poshmom said:

So, how do you search for those type rooms? One balcony with interior room directly across hall?

When you click on the sailing you want, it asks the number of guests and there is an option to select the number of rooms.  Click add a room.  You will search for them independently.  Your best bet for this type of reservation it to contact your PVP, though.  image.png.1224ad9d70841751ecbbfa984255fbe8.png

• Like 2

If you have a PVP,  yes most certainly use them - but I personally always like to have the room(s) I want selected BEFORE I call them, because I am particular in where I want to be and more importantly not be.  So I research it before I call so I KNOW what I am getting. 

Watch for things like what is above you, below you, next to you, etc. to determine noise factors (ended up with camp carnival over us one night and spent the hours of 11pm -2am with it sounding like they were coming through the ceiling with stomping, jumping, all kinds of noise).  Forward versus middle or aft of ship (we don't do the aft because almost always vibration).  How close to elevators stairwells, common areas, etc. are you (on a high deck once, but middle of the ship not far off main wide open area that went all the way down to lobby so all the lobby noise, music, etc. traveled right to our door - even like 8 floors up)  Something as innocuous as being close to (above/below) the kitchen areas can result in dealing with food smells all cruise you don't like (swear one time we were right over where the ALWAYS cooked the onions and garlic lol!)  Starboard or Port side, we opt for balconies on port side because the majority of the time that is the side you can see port on when you are docked (not always, but more than not).

I book multiple rooms all the time for multiple people when family travel with us.

The easiest thing I do is first look for the room I want.  I go in like I am going to book the room, and I look for a Balcony on a higher deck.  I will take note of what rooms come up as available on that floor in the area I want to be in (usually it will show you multiple rooms available if you are far enough out on the cruise date).   Then I just back up to select room type again and in your case switch to "inside" room and then select the deck your balcony was on, forward middle or aft (which every you picked), and then see what inside rooms might be close to the balconies you saw available.

You can play with decks and locations this way and see what you like best.  Then you can go actually book the two rooms.

• Like 1