Equinox Aft corner Sunset Sky Suite 1663

I was so excited when I booked this suite, but now I'm getting worried.  I have read that some suites have been updated and some haven't on this ship and that the aft suites have not.  Is this correct?  I also heard this cabin has an obstructed view.  Is this a poor location?  Should I try to change cabins?  I booked non refundable rate.  Can I switch to a cheaper suite with that rate?  Midship cabins were less money, but I'd prefer them if they have been updated.  

1 hour ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I was so excited when I booked this suite, but now I'm getting worried.  I have read that some suites have been updated and some haven't on this ship and that the aft suites have not.  Is this correct?  I also heard this cabin has an obstructed view.  Is this a poor location?  Should I try to change cabins?  I booked non refundable rate.  Can I switch to a cheaper suite with that rate?  Midship cabins were less money, but I'd prefer them if they have been updated.  

I am not 100% sure whether the window washing equipment is around the corner or not but I would not change suites if you enjoy a slightly larger room.  We actually prefer these aft corner suites, even the ones with the window washing equipment.

There is the pole in the room but this one is next to the couch and should not be in the way for any activity.  There are some rooms, on higher decks where it is about a foot and a half from the bed and people have had issues with that. 

Here are a couple of pre-revolutionized pictures I found. 

image.png.ed11803c130723062d3f1f6ec0cadc95.png

image.png.56be48f43a8a481973970be66a09956f.png

image.thumb.png.0ba6fef064ce4dbc80a1fd3c4814da3f.png

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I am not 100% sure whether the window washing equipment is around the corner or not but I would not change suites if you enjoy a slightly larger room.  We actually prefer these aft corner suites, even the ones with the window washing equipment.

There is the pole in the room but this one is next to the couch and should not be in the way for any activity.  There are some rooms, on higher decks where it is about a foot and a half from the bed and people have had issues with that. 

Here are a couple of pre-revolutionized pictures I found. 

image.png.ed11803c130723062d3f1f6ec0cadc95.png

image.png.56be48f43a8a481973970be66a09956f.png

image.thumb.png.0ba6fef064ce4dbc80a1fd3c4814da3f.png

Thank you, this is helpful.  We would enjoy the extra space!  I hope it's updated, but not holding my breath.  

5 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Thank you, this is helpful.  We would enjoy the extra space!  I hope it's updated, but not holding my breath.  

Here are some pictures from Silhouette that has been revolutionized. 

The most obvious thing I would point out is the smaller coffee table - we preferred the larger one. 

image.thumb.jpeg.c0e1df66f6cbcab045995fefdb547f0c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ffe79821e965189d3f95a71eacc846da.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.50bf60f3a30e4c23398363301bebb70a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.bf9283d8f4324228102b684dbd8854fd.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5c36e65e0ac096077507fd9b01e5a6a0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

At the time of this message I can confirm the rooms and suites are not remodeled (revolutionized). There were updates to The Retreat Lounge, and the Solstice Deck is now the Retreat Sundeck (sans bar). The Silhouette is the only ship in this class (at this time) that is fully revolutionized.

We were also apprehensive of booking a higher floor due to the window washing equipment. We took this photo while in port so we knew which staterooms to book. Decks 10 & 12 will have an obstructed porthole view from the window washing equipment. Deck 12 also has the overhang from the Sunset Bar/Oceanview Cafe deck. This could be a pro or con. Pro is you like shade, con if you like stargazing. 

IMG_9115.jpeg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, akakkagin said:

At the time of this message I can confirm the rooms and suites are not remodeled (revolutionized). There were updates to The Retreat Lounge, and the Solstice Deck is now the Retreat Sundeck (sans bar). The Silhouette is the only ship in this class (at this time) that is fully revolutionized.

We were also apprehensive of booking a higher floor due to the window washing equipment. We took this photo while in port so we knew which staterooms to book. Decks 10 & 12 will have an obstructed porthole view from the window washing equipment. Deck 12 also has the overhang from the Sunset Bar/Oceanview Cafe deck. This could be a pro or con. Pro is you like shade, con if you like stargazing. 

IMG_9115.jpeg

We have been on Deck 12 corner aft and it is great!  We could see out our porthole just fine.  There is some eauipment outside on corner by balcony but it did not bother us.  Deck 12 aft rooms are the best!