Main Dining room open for lunch on embarkation day

NW Pacific

On 1/13/2023 at 6:35 PM, ChiefMateJRK said:

I've been on many NCL cruises.  I've read this many times on CC.  Nobody has EVER tried to direct me anywhere for lunch.  It is an internet urban legend.  It simply has never happened.

LOL being our first cruise, and just trying to figure out where we were we would have welcomed someone directing us to the buffet lol..   But we figured it out 😄

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, mmarichalar said:

Since it is embarkation day and probably no access to cabin, what is the dress code in MDR for lunch. Strictly asking about Princess (on Regal for first cruise ever). Do most go dressed already or find someplace to change prior? Should not be a big issue either way, as I will go straight from hotel 2 blocks away and cool time of year in February. At worst, I'd be in dress shorts and camp button up and Burkens, but don't want to stand out. Please, only asking what is common and known for that day, not what some have "gotten away with".

This is an NCL thread. 

We used to eat at the buffet on embarkation day, but it was always a zoo, crowded and people toting their carry ons. Finally learned that either taste or savor would be open, quiet and calm.  Vacation starts once we sit down for day 1 lunch. I agree staff readily give directions to the buffet, but we jujst head for the MDR.