DISCOVERY 2

Oh lordy... Just read some recent reviews for Discovery 2😬should I be worried? It would appear standard's are not great! About 7 years since we've done Thomsons. Is Marella really so different? What about sunbed situation? Is it really so bad? Doing transatlantic, so iI hope not. I fully appreciate that some people lay it on thick in reviews, trying to stay positive! 😳

We had a great cruise in October although we had been a little apprehensive.  Staff were friendly as usual although there were a couple of bars that appeared understaffed. The service and food in the MDR was good. Some entertainers were very good but others weren't as professional as previously. The ship was very clean and was around 90% full, we didn't have any problems getting loungers.   I think standards have changed on must cruise lines, I guess they've all made cutbacks but we did enjoy it. I'd keep an open mind and give it a go .

• Thanks 1

I may be wrong, but looking at FB reviews for the Caribbean ships, I get the impression that a higher proportion of  passengers go there to relax and soak up the sun on sunbeds,  than to get off and explore/visit a local beach.

We were on Explorer in November (Canaries), and had more difficulty getting a sunbed than on previous Med Cruises.

1 hour ago, howmuch! said:

I may be wrong, but looking at FB reviews for the Caribbean ships, I get the impression that a higher proportion of  passengers go there to relax and soak up the sun on sunbeds,  than to get off and explore/visit a local beach.

We were on Explorer in November (Canaries), and had more difficulty getting a sunbed than on previous Med Cruises.

We were on the Canaries cruise last December and agree that the ship seemed to be quite full when docked at any of the islands. Most of the passengers that we chatted with had been on the itineraries at least once before and some had done them countless times including us. We only ventured ashore to stretch our legs at a few of the ports.

• Like 1