Sky Princess Chef's Table Dining Reservations

Lindy Sue

Apologies if this question has been asked and answered, but couldn't seem to find a thread. We will be on a 14 day cruise aboard the Sky princess in May and are contemplating trying to gain reservations for the Chef's Table (celebrating milestone birthdays and wedding anniversary).  From the research I have been able to do, it seems we can't book until we board the ship and then we need to call DINE or go directly to where they are doing various dining reservations and "request" to be put on a list for reservations.  If anyone has any knowledge about this, would greatly appreciate knowing: 1) Is it worth the effort; 2) Do they offer it every night; 3) Is my research correct regarding not being able to request until on board ship?  Thank you in advance for any help.

What you have discovered is correct. The very first thing I did upon entering our cabin ( the Grand in September), was to call the Dine Line and ask to be on the list for the Chef's Table or Winemaker's Dinner. She took our name and cabin number and said IF there was to be a Chef's Table, then we were on the list and they would contact us later with the details. She also said that there would be no Winemaker's Dinner.

Yes, it was worth it and we received the information just a day or two later after my call to the Dine Line. We were seated at a large square table in the Crown Grill (side room) with about 3 other couples. DH is unable to drink alcoholic beverages so his fee was less, however, they offered him many other nice options during the dinner. It was very impressive and the hosts, servers, and chefs took much pride in what they were doing. We received a very nice autographed cookbook and photograph of the attendees.

I believe that only one Chef's Table is offered per cruise... maybe it depends on the length of the cruise. Ours was 12 nights.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nini said:

What you have discovered is correct. The very first thing I did upon entering our cabin ( the Grand in September), was to call the Dine Line and ask to be on the list for the Chef's Table or Winemaker's Dinner. She took our name and cabin number and said IF there was to be a Chef's Table, then we were on the list and they would contact us later with the details. She also said that there would be no Winemaker's Dinner.

Yes, it was worth it and we received the information just a day or two later after my call to the Dine Line. We were seated at a large square table in the Crown Grill (side room) with about 3 other couples. DH is unable to drink alcoholic beverages so his fee was less, however, they offered him many other nice options during the dinner. It was very impressive and the hosts, servers, and chefs took much pride in what they were doing. We received a very nice autographed cookbook and photograph of the attendees.

I believe that only one Chef's Table is offered per cruise... maybe it depends on the length of the cruise. Ours was 12 nights.

Thank you for the information. We are in a Penthouse Suite. First time on Princess. Will we be able to go immediately to our cabin and make the call?

Edited by Lindy Sue
Additional info

8 hours ago, Lindy Sue said:

Thank you for the information. We are in a Penthouse Suite. First time on Princess. Will we be able to go immediately to our cabin and make the call?

When your cabin is ready, yes then you can make the call. If it is not ready, you can visit a dining room and speak with the Maitre D and be put on the list. Princess does a great job of having the cabins ready in a timely manner.

5 hours ago, nini said:

When your cabin is ready, yes then you can make the call. If it is not ready, you can visit a dining room and speak with the Maitre D and be put on the list. Princess does a great job of having the cabins ready in a timely manner.

Thank you again.

You should be able to go directly to your cabin. If not you can call from any house phone, just visit the open Club Class DR and ask assistance, visit passenger services, or maybe visit the concierge lounge if open. The Chef's Table is held one or multiple times during the cruise, not every evening. Depends on how many requests are received and the chef's schedule. 

You did not ask but I offer this tip in case you are not aware. As a full suite passenger one of the best benefits is the Special Full Suite Breakfast in Sabatini's. It is way better than room service and the Club Class DR.  

• Like 2

An alternative (a bit lesser cost) might be the Winemaker's Dinner.  At only $40/person you get a REALLY nice meal with a very limited (14 maybe) group of people in an exclusive section of the dining room.  Sign up in the same way as the Chef's Table.

WD.jpg

Edited by Rick&Jeannie
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, skynight said:

You should be able to go directly to your cabin. If not you can call from any house phone, just visit the open Club Class DR and ask assistance, visit passenger services, or maybe visit the concierge lounge if open. The Chef's Table is held one or multiple times during the cruise, not every evening. Depends on how many requests are received and the chef's schedule. 

You did not ask but I offer this tip in case you are not aware. As a full suite passenger one of the best benefits is the Special Full Suite Breakfast in Sabatini's. It is way better than room service and the Club Class DR.  

Thank you! Any and all suggestions are welcomed!

On 1/14/2023 at 11:38 AM, Rick&Jeannie said:

An alternative (a bit lesser cost) might be the Winemaker's Dinner.  At only $40/person you get a REALLY nice meal with a very limited (14 maybe) group of people in an exclusive section of the dining room.  Sign up in the same way as the Chef's Table.

WD.jpg

@Rick&JeannieThank you! Just the info that I was looking for. Wine Maker's dinner still $40? I see that all other specialty restaurants are now $39. Old news, yes. 

9 hours ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

@Rick&JeannieThank you! Just the info that I was looking for. Wine Maker's dinner still $40? I see that all other specialty restaurants are now $39. Old news, yes. 

Ah! It slipped my mind about the other specialty spots going up in price.  WD may very well have gone up as well but it's still going to be much less than the Chef's Table. WD was still $40 back in August. 

• Like 2