Shore Excursions

tgg

2 hours ago, tgg said:

Has anyone found descriptions and prices for shore excursions for any itinerary?

I emailed my Ambassador at Explora Journeys about a week ago to get an idea when they would have excursions for my sailing, Sept. 9, 2023, and he said that the excursions should be available sometime in Feb.

On 1/14/2023 at 2:37 PM, dolphin1313 said:

I emailed my Ambassador at Explora Journeys about a week ago to get an idea when they would have excursions for my sailing, Sept. 9, 2023, and he said that the excursions should be available sometime in Feb.

My understanding is that is when before and after cruise options will be available as well.

• Thanks 1

On 1/14/2023 at 2:37 PM, dolphin1313 said:

Spoke with them today & the rep told me the website will not be functional for more than just booking a cruise until April.    Also told me that as of yesterday, the ship is in the water.  

• Thanks 1

From webinar today, each sailing will have 2-4 “luminaries” expert on topics relevant to the location who will do lectures but also offer interactive small group contacts- no more details than that. There will be cooking classes but generally not ballroom dance classes 

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

As you know, no included tours and those offered are very expensive. Complementary shuttles into town did not materialize for Hamburg nor for Brugge, despite the many confused answers and directions by Reception.  A big let down. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, skyhoosier said:

As you know, no included tours and those offered are very expensive. Complementary shuttles into town did not materialize for Hamburg nor for Brugge, despite the many confused answers and directions by Reception.  A big let down. 

While at Oceania/Viking/Azamara level included shore excursions are not to be expected on your base fare, or they're really that basic on Viking's case, Explora had here a way forward to be innovative if they so wanted. If capturing a quite younger crowd for the luxury side of the force was really their goal, like it seems to have been, they should at least to have partnered with the "official" HOHO companies on most of the main cities they're visiting and offer an including ticket for the day at said companies alongside a shuttle from ship to the nearest HOHO stop when applicable. It's worth to mention that a quite younger crowd wants flexibility on the way they plan their time. They're not your typical "shore ex group" like minded individuals like the previous generations were. I know several top affluent individuals on their 35-55 whom still have that distinctive factor. They value independence. They enjoy the top services for the higher part of their holiday, so they may to book Explora level cruises... But same individuals are pretty "cheap" on the mean time experiences. They simply go with the flaw for those.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1