it is time for more creative, fun Carnival TV ads

Out of Iowa

This morning on TV, I saw a TV ad for Carnival Cruises.  While it said they were at a Carnival destination, it showed three generations of a family jumping off a dock into the water together.  Unless you were paying close attention, these fun people could have been leaping into any of the 10,000 lakes in Minnesota.  [John Heald, if you are reading this, you can substitute "Cleveland, Ohio" for the reference to Minnesota.]

Come on, Carnival....who's got the fun?  Get a better TV ad: one that shows shipboard activities, the netted basketball court, Serenity deck, Hasbro game shows, main dining room dancing, Guy's Burgers, a family playing mini-golf with the sea in the background, the string lights on an open deck at nighttime, a deck party, movies under the stars...the gorgeous churning water behind the ship's wake, dolphins beside the ship, leaving SouthBeach behind in Miami...  At least let creativity show that the fun happens onboard a Carnival ship.

Edited by Out of Iowa
punctuation

Bring back the ads with Katie Lee Gifford singing “In the morning,in the evening,ain’t we got fun!?”.😉

Remember those ads for the Fun Ships?

Since Carnival and mostly all cruise lines took a major financial  hit due to Covid, they might be choosing not to invest $$$ in glossy,hyped ads for now.

MJ🙋🏻

Carnival could inexpensively create a "retro" ad with some of Kathy Lee Gifford's old - and very catchy, if grammatically incorrect - song interwoven with all the features of today's onboard Carnival fun.  Credit to Princess for embracing their Love Boat connection.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, EngIceDave said:

I think it's cool Princess has finally embraced "The Love Boat," by using the theme song in new commercials.

I think they basically had to since they were affiliated with the Love Boat Australia TV show and probably had to go through some hoops with production to get the rights to that music. Once they paid for it, they're gonna use it.

On 1/15/2023 at 10:30 AM, tidecat said:

I'd at least feature Bolt, given that by December it will be on three ships, especially the ones that will still command a premium because of how new they are.

I agree in regards to Bolt. And bring back some Santa ads next December as well. Haven't seen Santa since 2020....🙂

20230116-125043.png

🎅 🤶