Scotchie's in Montego Bay?

chrisnatca

We'll be in Montego Bay this summer on the Glory.  For peace of mind (Jamaica can be a little sketchy), we're going to stick to Carnival excursions.  Does anyone know of a Carnival excursion that makes a stop at Scotchie's?  I haven't been able to find one yet.  I'm not trying to fire up a debate about Carnival vs non-Carnival excursions, or the safety of Jamaica.  Just trying to find a specific excursion.

• Like 1

I'd be surprised if there is one. I lived in Jamaica for two years and unless they've changed something, they didn't have the facilities/parking to handle a big crowd. I get your concerns about safety. I wouldn't take a taxi in Jamaica, especially one from a taxi line (we were only allowed to take dispatched taxis as US gov employees), but if you reserve a driver with a reputable company, it's safe. 

8 hours ago, chrisnatca said:

We'll be in Montego Bay this summer on the Glory.  For peace of mind (Jamaica can be a little sketchy), we're going to stick to Carnival excursions.  Does anyone know of a Carnival excursion that makes a stop at Scotchie's?  I haven't been able to find one yet.  I'm not trying to fire up a debate about Carnival vs non-Carnival excursions, or the safety of Jamaica.  Just trying to find a specific excursion.

I did.

Top 10 Best of Montego Bay – Saint Greg's Travels (saintgregtravel.com)

• Thanks 2

Just got off the Vista.  We were in Falmouth and went on a Carnival Excursion - Panoramic Montego Bay and Jerk.  We stopped at scotchies for lunch so they do have excursions, just look for any that include jerk chicken and most likely it's a stop at scortchies.

34 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Saint Greg I read it all, it was fantastic but unless I missed it you didn't comment on the jerk chicken?

It was chicken. It was good. I didn’t think there was anything that special about it though. I didn’t like the beer. I’m sticking to the regular red stripe after that. 

1 hour ago, Maarek said:

Just got off the Vista.  We were in Falmouth and went on a Carnival Excursion - Panoramic Montego Bay and Jerk.  We stopped at scotchies for lunch so they do have excursions, just look for any that include jerk chicken and most likely it's a stop at scortchies.

It looks like that’s the same one I went on but with a different name. Clicking on the link to the excursion I went on it takes you to the “Panoramic and Jerk” one. Not a Bad idea to change the name because we didn’t go 10 places.