First SIlversea expedition cruise

Marie23

Hi all,

We are cruising in Iceland on the Endeavour in May.  It’s technically our second silversea cruise, but our first was 14 years ago on the Prince Albert when they were just starting out in the expedition space, so I’m not sure that counts!  We’ve then decamped to lindblad a few times but liked the look of this itinerary.

I have a few questions if I may from you knowledgeable lot.

1. Are boots and Parkas provided?  I can’t see anywhere on the mySilversea portal to request the size, do they send something later?
  2. also can’t see anywhere to make requests such as minibar items.  How do I do that?
  3. Dress code.  I’m sorry, sure this has been done to death!  But I was somewhat shocked to see the silversea website suggests there are formal nights on every cruise, including expeditions.  But from what I’ve read on here expedition cruises do not expect formal dress.  Anyone been on the endeavour and can confirm?  I’d normally expect to wear smart jeans and a nice top most nights, with husband in a shirt.  Bit dressier for welcome dinner etc.  Will that be ok?

many thanks!

Hi, 

https://silversea.shiptoshoretraveler.com/parkaorder1

This is the Website where I ordered my parka for my first expedition  with the endeavour (still to come 🙂)

For the rest I will because I am also curious 🙂

On the deckmap it seems that the door of the cabins is opening into a small hallway rather then on the main hallway. 

Hi ,

We were on The Silverseas Explorer in July last year and there were no formal nights so it was entirely up to the individual what to wear . I can't remember if there was a stipulation what you couldn't wear but I do remember for some reason no hats or caps in the Dining room ? Our butler asked us if there was anything we may like in our room which might answer your mini bar question ?

Someone else on here might know more 

Jacqui

Edited by Jonesy333

There are no formal nights on expedition cruises. We just got off three weeks on the Cloud in Antarctica, and there were a few informal nights, no formal nights. And for the informal nights, I wore a sport jacket, but I'd say 50% or fewer men were wearing jackets. I don't know if the feel on the Endeavour in Iceland in the spring is any dressier, but I think a sport jacket is the dressiest you'd need to be.

• Like 2

We did the around Iceland cruise on Cloud in 2019.  Hope your weather is better than ours as it rained most of the time.  We missed a few ports because of the weather and were wet and soggy in several of the others.  They did provide parkas which were needed more for rain protection than cold.  No formal nights.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It will be my first cruise ever, we will be doing the expedition silver wind in June to the Arctic.  What would be the dress code at night? Any tips or suggestions regarding the activities.  Thanks in advance.

10 minutes ago, YadiraMo said:

It will be my first cruise ever, we will be doing the expedition silver wind in June to the Arctic.  What would be the dress code at night? Any tips or suggestions regarding the activities.  Thanks in advance.

Regarding dress code, see posts #3 and #4 above.  Expedition cruises do not have formal nights.  Smart casual suffices.