Anyone on Pursuit now? How are things?

asnaleah

2 hours ago, piper said:

Roberts2005, we are on the same cruise in a few weeks. Hubby is hoping there are tango lessons as one of the activities. Have they had any kind of dance “lessons”? Thanks!

I don't know about your cruise but I'm just back from the Tango show on Pursuit- really quite good- and they are running a dance workshop tomorrow. I've no idea how you check on this for your cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, federalexpress said:

I don't know about your cruise but I'm just back from the Tango show on Pursuit- really quite good- and they are running a dance workshop tomorrow. I've no idea how you check on this for your cruise.

So there was a Tango show on the cruise? One of the evening shows?

7 hours ago, piper said:

So there was a Tango show on the cruise? One of the evening shows?

Yes one of the evening shows. It seems they bring on local performers at various points. We are currently in Argentina which is apparently home (or one of the homes) of the tango. It was a good performance, they seemed to be quite professional, though I'm no tango expert. It was announced that they were doing a workshop the following day.

I have seen the odd dance class/workshop on other days but because it's not my thing, I couldn't tell you if this is a regular event, like the very many trivia quizes.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, piper said:

Roberts2005, we are on the same cruise in a few weeks. Hubby is hoping there are tango lessons as one of the activities. Have they had any kind of dance “lessons”? Thanks!

With which ship are you going to cruise? I think the Pursuit is not going to do the same itinerary again this year?. Currently is a 17 days going South from Buenos Aires.

Ivi

Edited by travelberlin

54 minutes ago, piper said:

We are on the Pursuit, Buenos Aires to Rio and then back to back Rio to Lisbon

If you are stopping at Montevideo, your Azamazing evening might be there, at the Teatro Solis. If so, I recommend it, far exceeded my expectations, a really good evening out, based around Carnival, lots of singing, drums, dancing etc- Uruguay, it seems, celebrate Carnival every bit as much as Brazil.

1 hour ago, piper said:

It is difficult to say if you are going to have Tango dancers or workshops on your cruise. This varies and although enjoyable, does not have the quality of the shows in Buenos Aires. If this is important for you book a tango show in Buenos Aires and if Azamara offers one on board, it will be something additional.

Ivi

1 hour ago, piper said:

24 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

For your itinerary it will be warm and nice 😊 

Ivi

I have forgot to tell you. As long as you are in South America, the weather will be nice. After 3 or 4 days of crossing the Atlantic you will experience colder weather in Europe.

Ivi

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, piper said:

I know some might think this is a silly question, but I have my reasons. In a Veranda stateroom, are there shelves on either side of the sink in the bathroom? TIA

No, but here are shelves above the toilet (4, I think) , and a shelf under the sink, with a sliding door.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, piper said:

Thanks - will a hanging shoe type holder work on the door? We are in this cabin for 27 days, lol!

I’ve never tried a hanging shoe holder. I do remember that there are two pegs on the back of the bathroom door, fairly high up, for hanging up used bath towels. They might interfere with hanging your shoe holder, or perhaps you could hang the shoe holder from the pegs. 

We’ve been in a regular Verandah cabin for long periods, and been ok with the existing shelves. I keep seldom-used things like cold remedies or indigestion tablets in my carry-on, stored under the bed, which leaves the shelves clear for toothbrush, toothpaste and deodorant. 

26 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

I’ve never tried a hanging shoe holder. I do remember that there are two pegs on the back of the bathroom door, fairly high up, for hanging up used bath towels. They might interfere with hanging your shoe holder, or perhaps you could hang the shoe holder from the pegs. 

We’ve been in a regular Verandah cabin for long periods, and been ok with the existing shelves. I keep seldom-used things like cold remedies or indigestion tablets in my carry-on, stored under the bed, which leaves the shelves clear for toothbrush, toothpaste and deodorant. 

Thats exactly what we do.  We never use over door holders they can impinge on the rather narrow door openings.  We do not use the bath robes, they are bulky so we have the attendant remove them Day 1 - frees up a lot of space.

Also we never use extra hooks on walls as we hate how that clutters the room.  We do use four magnet clips on which we clip tickets, invitations etc so they have not cluttering up the surfaces.  We like to make it easy for the attendant - we feel sorry for them when we see some doors open and see what they have to work around!!!!

We usually sail with three checked in cases and two cabin cases between us and have never had any need for extra hangers or hooks in a veranda cabin.  We hang as much as we can and find we have plenty room for all our bits and pieces without any problem.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, piper said:

Thanks for the help - unfortunately, my cabin mate has a LOT of bathroom stuff. Trying to think ahead of how to deal with it

There is room under the sink for at least one good-sized toiletries bag. Maybe your cabin mate can keep a lot of their stuff there?

• Like 1

On 2/5/2023 at 3:41 PM, piper said:

Thanks, we are already signed up! How has the weather been? We are still trying to figure out what layers to bring. This is great getting this info ahead of time!

I have experienced both of these cruises and rebooked for 2024.  The weather was beautiful. Warm and sunny.  Take waterproof for arriving in Europe.