Time required fo Disembarkation in San Francisco

dianejung

Our cruise booking confirmation shows "San Francisco 7:00 AM" 7 a.m. for the day we arrive in San Francisco at the end of the cruise. I haven't cruised in years so only remember that it can take quite a while to disembark and get your luggage before you head to the airport.  How much time would you recommend that I allow for disembarkation? (i.e. From the time Princess publishes on my booking confirmation as "San Francisco" until the time I will be off the ship, have my luggage in hand, and grab a cab or Uber to the airport?)

58 minutes ago, dianejung said:

:Our cruise booking confirmation shows "San Francisco 7:00 AM" 7 a.m. for the day we arrive in San Francisco at the end of the cruise. I haven't cruised in years so only remember that it can take quite a while to disembark and get your luggage before you head to the airport.  How much time would you recommend that I allow for disembarkation? (i.e. From the time Princess publishes on my booking confirmation as "San Francisco" until the time I will be off the ship, have my luggage in hand, and grab a cab or Uber to the airport?)

We just disembarked yesterday with somewhere in between 2700 - 2800 passengers onboard.  Granted, everything went well and we were right on schedule, we had our luggage, picked up our parked car, which took about the same time as getting an Uber, were about equal distance to the airport and we were home about 9:45 AM.  It was a holiday so there was light traffic on the roads but we also weren't rushing to get off the ship.  We could have chosen walk off at 7:30 if we chose to do so.

Anything can hold up disembarkation but we usually would be comfortable saying we could be to the airport (if we were going that direction) by 10:30 AM with all things considered.  Having said that, I wouldn't book a flight any earlier than 12:30 PM from SFO or OAK and 1:00 PM for SJC.  

• Like 1

Princess pretty much wants everybody off by 9:30 AM or so. You can select an earlier disembarkation time if you like. They will put paperwork in your cabin a couple of days before the end of the cruise and you can select your disembarkation time then. If you don't have much luggage and can carry it off yourself you can just select "self disembarkation" and get off quite early. Otherwise just pick a time that works for you from the offered time slots.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone!  This sounds much more efficient than what I recall when disembarking from a Princess cruise in Acapulco, but granted that was quite a few years ago.  Your responses have helped me to schedule my return flight to Montana!

On 1/17/2023 at 5:42 PM, dianejung said:

Thanks everyone!  This sounds much more efficient than what I recall when disembarking from a Princess cruise in Acapulco, but granted that was quite a few years ago.  Your responses have helped me to schedule my return flight to Montana!

I forgot to mention that we went through customs with facial recognition ... nobody even asked us for our passports.  It was so quick and easy.  

2 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I forgot to mention that we went through customs with facial recognition ... nobody even asked us for our passports.  It was so quick and easy.  

Yep.  That was certainly a surprise. 

Catch you on the next cruise.  We probably saw each other on board without realizing it.

21 minutes ago, sfpd3000 said:

Yep.  That was certainly a surprise. 

Catch you on the next cruise.  We probably saw each other on board without realizing it.

I was hoping to meet up .... we were at the meet and greet.  Was asking around to see if you were there but it was kind of cut short.  

My DH was the guy with the long white beard.  

On 1/21/2023 at 6:38 PM, Cruise Raider said:

I was hoping to meet up .... we were at the meet and greet.  Was asking around to see if you were there but it was kind of cut short.  

My DH was the guy with the long white beard.  

Concerto Dining Room?

3 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Yep … he did!  We both did!  I was the first one up and my DH lasted only 6 seconds.  He’s not one to get up and do those things but what a champ for giving it a try.  

You can see where I'm going.... we were the table next to you in Concerto!

• Like 1

Just now, sfpd3000 said:

I had no idea … I wish I’d have known.  We’d have loved to meet you in person.  Well, now you know what we look like and we cruise out if SF all the time so, you’ll have to stop us and introduce yourself.  
I am the blonde and our neighbors and good friend were with us.  
we happen to be on the Diamond right now with that good friend. 

Just now, sfpd3000 said:

Just now, sfpd3000 said:

1 minute ago, Cruise Raider said:

I had no idea … I wish I’d have known.  We’d have loved to meet you in person.  Well, now you know what we look like and we cruise out if SF all the time so, you’ll have to stop us and introduce yourself.  
I am the blonde and our neighbors and good friend were with us.  
we happen to be on the Diamond right now with that good friend. 

I wish I had known too.  I was with my brother and our mom - the table for 3 next to you.  If I recall, you had a fifth person one night.  We'll be on Royal again in April.  Have fun on the Diamond.  We sailed her during her inaugural season. 

See you on the next one.  And you know I always post on the cruises that I'm working.

6 hours ago, sfpd3000 said:

I wish I had known too.  I was with my brother and our mom - the table for 3 next to you.  If I recall, you had a fifth person one night.  We'll be on Royal again in April.  Have fun on the Diamond.  We sailed her during her inaugural season. 

See you on the next one.  And you know I always post on the cruises that I'm working.

Yes, we definitely did have that 5th person join us a few nights.  She booked just a few days before the cruise and wanted to join us.  Alvin has been our favorite waiter for many cruises.  It was just our good fortune to be assigned to our table for dinner.  
While we aren’t really wild about the Diamond, we are having a nice time after a rough start yesterday.  We are mostly positive people so decided to put all that behind us.  

We are cruising again out of SF on Feb 25th and disembarking on March 12th and back again on March 27th until April 11th.  So, if you’re working any of those days, we will be at the port.  Hope you introduce yourself.  

I just got an EZAir schedule change for a flight out of SFO that previously departed around 1PM. The new departure time is now 12PM, so Princess is obviously happy to allow a flight that soon after disembarking.