Riviera cabin choice

Marymcgol1

location location location

7008 has the balcony open on 2 sides   & is further forward

you will have a view of the lifeboats  & your neighbours

7131  has the extended balcony also but only open on the end

both cabins are same size inside

JMO

Do you like forward or aft? That's the primary difference. Additionally, 7008 has an extended balcony, open on two sides. Some complain about the wind factor there, but I've been in 7009, the twin to 7008, and completely enjoyed the larger balcony, wind and all. Only other difference is 7008 is on port side, 7131 is starboard. While we always prefer aft cabins, in this case because of the extended balcony, I would choose 7008. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jazznruby said:

Do you like forward or aft? That's the primary difference. Additionally, 7008 has an extended balcony, open on two sides. Some complain about the wind factor there,

I think the wind complaint is more  for 7108 & 7111   as you will get more wind when the ship is  underway

16 minutes ago, jazznruby said:

Do you like forward or aft? That's the primary difference. Additionally, 7008 has an extended balcony, open on two sides. Some complain about the wind factor there, but I've been in 7009, the twin to 7008, and completely enjoyed the larger balcony, wind and all. Only other difference is 7008 is on port side, 7131 is starboard. While we always prefer aft cabins, in this case because of the extended balcony, I would choose 7008. 

The squared-off aft open extended balconies (7108 and 7111) are actually a bit larger than the two similar forward ones (which are angled on one side). Both fore and aft ones may get some windage underway. But, the aft location remains our preference for all of the obvious reasons. Here’s two pics of 7108.

D26C4C31-6BE4-40B9-9060-C8B799899E4A.jpeg

F380131A-6383-47A1-BC38-32A9622AED1A.jpeg

• Haha 1

We are booked in Riviera 7108 for a March 2024 Japan cruise.  I love the extended balcony and feel lucky to have gotten the cabin given the positive reviews here.  Reading about the wind has me a bit concerned.  Any more opinions on just how bad the wind might be?  Is the wind worth it for the extended balcony?  Our traveling companions are booked right next to us in 7110.  I could still change to another cabin with the extended balcony, if needed.  

On 1/18/2023 at 1:21 PM, LHT28 said:
On 1/18/2023 at 1:18 PM, jazznruby said:

I think the wind complaint is more  for 7108 & 7111   as you will get more wind when the ship is  underway

7008(port) and 7009 (starboard)  are the same location only on opposite sides of the ship. Their angled  open side faces aft and attracts little (or no) wind when underway. We have sat comfortably while the Riviera is moving. Of course, like other cabins, if there is wind abeam you will feel it.

As Lyn has said the 2 open to the bow extended verandahs (7108 & 7111) are reported to act as air scoops when Ship is underway.

View straight back and view trying to see in neighbours stateroom from 7009.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg