Different Lattitude levels amongst those sharing a cabin

Escaping2016

I am the primary on our cabin and am a Gold level member.  My son is in the cabin with me and is a Platinum level.  I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with this and how it may or may not effect perks such as specialty dining or tender tickets or anything else really that Platinum level may receive over Gold.

There are some issues.  As others have said, the benefits are by the individual.  It won’t matter for the meals.  Your son can take you as his guest as the coupon is for two people.  Same for the laundry.  They don’t know who’s clothes are in the bag.  I’m not sure about tender tickets.  I would assume it’s by the cabin, but don’t know for sure.  The one thing I do know about is the Wines Around the World.  I’m platinum.  On a cruise last fall my cabin mate was gold.  They wouldn’t let her sign up for it.  It’s by individual status holder.  I didn’t go because I didn’t want to leave my friend out.

Right.  And the Platinum "Behind the Scenes" tour (which I believe are still currently discontinued due to Covid) are also only for the Platinum member.  The demand was high enough that they would rarely, if ever, extend the tour to non-Platinum companions. 

Edited by MeHeartCruising

We recently had to split my wife and I up in two cabins, and also split our kids - so

Cabin 1:  Platinum, Silver

Cabin 2: Platinum, Silver, Silver

This worked to our advantage.  The specialty dining perk is 2 meals per CABIN not per member.  So we received 4 free specialty dining coupons.  Had my wife and I been in the same cabin, we would only have received two.

Same for the waters - each person in the cabin received a bottle - in both cabins - so 5 total.  If in the same cabin, we would have only received 2.

And laundry, both cabins instead of one.

We had to do this due to a FCC situation where even though I had paid for all 5 of us, the FCCs went primarily to my kids who were passengers 1 & 2 in a suite.  Splitting those two kids across the cabins allowed us to use all the non-transferable FCC before expiration.  We had connecting cabins, so my wife and I just took one cabin and the kids the other.  Two of us had key cards to the wrong (connecting) room. 

Edited by itsnotjustme