Hotels with ADA Rooms that sleep 5

Ld92599

Has anyone had success with finding a hotel chain that offers ADA rooms (Wheelchair/Roll In Shower) that sleeps 5? We're a family of 4 + mom who is nearing 80 and in a wheelchair due to a myriad of medical issues.

Thankfully, DCL offers ADA cabins that sleep 5 which is amazing!

Specifically, looking for the Miami area ahead of our DCL in March. I DO have rooms booked (thank goodness w/ it being spring break week) but would love to find a hotel that allows 5 in an ADA room

This website lists hotels in Miami that sleep large families:   

https://sixsuitcasetravel.com/miami-big-family-hotels-sleep-5-6-7-8

I did a dummy booking for the Springhill Suites, Miami Downtown (1311 NW 10th Ave) for March 17 2023 and it showed an available accessible room (roll-in shower) with two queen beds and a sofa bed. 

I would take a look at hotel(s) listed in the above link that you would be interested in and see if you can book an accessible room for 5 people for your date.  

One issue you might face is that you are booking fairly close to March and it's during spring break and prime cruising season.  

• 2 weeks later...

With that many people, have you considered connecting rooms so you have multiple bathrooms but are close enough to supervise kids and help your mom? Being a full time wheelchair user trying to wiggle around a lot of people can be hard. Just an idea

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2023 at 3:49 PM, kokopelli-az said:

This website lists hotels in Miami that sleep large families:   

https://sixsuitcasetravel.com/miami-big-family-hotels-sleep-5-6-7-8

I did a dummy booking for the Springhill Suites, Miami Downtown (1311 NW 10th Ave) for March 17 2023 and it showed an available accessible room (roll-in shower) with two queen beds and a sofa bed. 

I would take a look at hotel(s) listed in the above link that you would be interested in and see if you can book an accessible room for 5 people for your date.  

One issue you might face is that you are booking fairly close to March and it's during spring break and prime cruising season.  

I was going to suggest the Springhill too.  We were nearer the hospital but most every ADA room I’ve booked with 2 queens also has sofa bed.  I think Courtyard had a suite that was pretty accessible but not sure if they are everywhere.