Great Lakes Roll Call—River or Ocean?

I am going on American Queen Voyages, Ocean Voyager from Chicago to Montreal on September 28, 2024, and since AQV doesn’t have a dedicated Roll Call forum of its own, their roll calls have to be listed under “All other river cruise lines”, or “All other ocean cruise lines” sections.

Since my voyage is not exactly either one, I am wondering which would be the appropriate place to start a roll call?

22 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Since their ships are river cruisers, I would post it there.  EM

Most are, but not the small coastal cruise ships they acquired from Victory Cruise Line.

They do the Great Lakes and the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway..

Edited by bob brown

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/21/2023 at 11:49 AM, bob brown said:

Most are, but not the small coastal cruise ships they acquired from Victory Cruise Line.

They do the Great Lakes and the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway..

@bob brown

Howdy!

Please note the following from the Who are Community Hosts?  The Community Manager? section in the Guidelines:

"... The Community Manager has overall control of everything that happens within the Community. The Community Manager oversees how the board is styled, what forums to create and how to organize them, is responsible for our Rules of Participation, what information to require from members and who to appoint as Community Hosts. You may contact the Community Manager at: community@cruisecritic.com..."

I suggest you send an email regarding the possibility of a new forum being created for Great Lakes and the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway Roll Calls to LauraS, Senior Manager Community, at community@cruisecritic.com. Please send the email from your Cruise Critic email address of record and be sure to mention your Cruise Critic user name. This is so your membership can be verified and reply will be sent to your Cruise Critic email address of record. If your current Cruise Critic email address of record is not correct and needs to be updated before you send your email, please see the following: How to: Change your Cruise Critic Email Address or User Name

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! 

Happy sails,

Host Kat

6 hours ago, Host Kat said:

@bob brown

Howdy!

Please note the following from the Who are Community Hosts?  The Community Manager? section in the Guidelines:

"... The Community Manager has overall control of everything that happens within the Community. The Community Manager oversees how the board is styled, what forums to create and how to organize them, is responsible for our Rules of Participation, what information to require from members and who to appoint as Community Hosts. You may contact the Community Manager at: community@cruisecritic.com..."

I suggest you send an email regarding the possibility of a new forum being created for Great Lakes and the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway Roll Calls to LauraS, Senior Manager Community, at community@cruisecritic.com. Please send the email from your Cruise Critic email address of record and be sure to mention your Cruise Critic user name. This is so your membership can be verified and reply will be sent to your Cruise Critic email address of record. If your current Cruise Critic email address of record is not correct and needs to be updated before you send your email, please see the following: How to: Change your Cruise Critic Email Address or User Name

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! 

Happy sails,

Host Kat

Okay…

I’ll follow your suggestion.

Only thing is, based on my observations of activity on AQV roll calls, I am not optimistic it would be worthwhile…🤷‍♂️

13 hours ago, bob brown said:

Okay…

I’ll follow your suggestion.

Only thing is, based on my observations of activity on AQV roll calls, I am not optimistic it would be worthwhile…🤷‍♂️

Well... ya never know until ya try! Good luck! 🍀

• Thanks 1