Online check-in requirements

brookie848

It's been a while since we've cruised. Can someone remind me what we will need in order to do the online check-in for our cruise? Will we need our passport numbers? What about a photo?

I plan on doing the check in for all of us in our cabin the day it opens up and I want to make sure I have everything that I might need.

You need passport numbers and expiration dates, and you need photos similar to passport photos, head and shoulders, no glasses or hats. The other things like addresses, dates of birth etc. you should know. 

It's also a good idea to check in from time to time on your check-in.  I checked in promptly at 12:00 am EST for our upcoming cruise.  It showed 100% and I was able to download the edocs the next morning.  That was all fine until about a week ago when I noticed that ncl.com now showed our check in status as 84%.  I had to re-verify our address and input emergency contact information.  Similar has happened to me and others in the past.  It seems NCL's crack IT team somehow manages to change a line or two of code and it mucks things up.  Just like the current wave of fully-paid-but-balance-due reports.  I have a couple of those and they seem to come and go on a random basis.

In addition to the things noted above, you will also need the name and contact info for an emergency contact (someone not traveling with you), as well as the credit card information for the card you want linked to your on board account.

And you'll be asked to watch a very short safety drill video for each person you are checking in.

Enjoy your cruise!

question:  My passport expired a while ago and we made this booking just a few weeks ago.  I expedited the process which said it would be 3-5 weeks.  I just hit 3 weeks.  We are 28 days out and in Haven.

What happens if my passport isn't here in time for check-in?  Can I just use my BC (closed loop, so technically I can use a BC), then switch when my passport arrives (assuming it does)?  Should I just wait till the passport arrives (but before the 3 day cut off?).

I haven't been on a cruise in decades and have no point of reference one how to proceed next week.

What I found helpful with photos was have at least 2 of each person, downloaded on your computer in a separate folder so you can pull them right up.

I say 2 because I thought I had a good clear photo of husband and it just wouldn't accept it. They accepted the one I was questionable on lol

So I'm stuck at complete, 85% and 86%. Different pages say different things. Always have problems.

No Video to watch, Onboard safety drills are back, so no video?

Called and was told I'm good and it will change to 100% up to 72 before. Not waiting that long.

The only thing I see is it is asking my 15 year old to buy the upgrade alcohol package. She needs to log into her account. She has never had her own account?

I looked at every page many times before I called. Last year we had to hit the back button and re-enter phone Numbers?

Edited by Lionkingrichard

1 hour ago, Lionkingrichard said:

So I'm stuck at complete, 85% and 86%. Different pages say different things. Always have problems.

No Video to watch, Onboard safety drills are back, so no video?

Called and was told I'm good and it will change to 100% up to 72 before. Not waiting that long.

The only thing I see is it is asking my 15 year old to buy the upgrade alcohol package. She needs to log into her account. She has never had her own account?

I looked at every page many times before I called. Last year we had to hit the back button and re-enter phone Numbers?

Hi I'll be on the Escape with you. Did check in at 12:00am. Said 100% done! This morning at 86% but I could download edocs and print!! Good luck!

Cat