Norovirus on Brilliance

coaster

1 hour ago, Longford said:

My primary care physician urged me not to go on my 11/5/2022 cruise out of Tampa.  She said ALL of her patients that had recently returned from cruises were Covid positive.  I went on the cruise, took what I thought were careful precautions (masks, distancing, etc.) ... and returned Covid free.

Yeah 3 yrs being careful taking Care of Mother with Health issues. Sold the home and put her in Retirement home, staying with Daughter, SIL and Grand Daughter since September. Spent 9wks on Cruises in 2022 and no issues, Vax/Boosted myself like Daughter and Son in Law but they brought home to me from their Cruise, oh well. I'm oldest of 10 and besides Mother and one Aunt only ones hadnt had it yet. My little Brother cant win, 5 shots and still CV+ three times though he has Health issues

Edited by ONECRUISER

9 hours ago, Longford said:

My primary care physician urged me not to go on my 11/5/2022 cruise out of Tampa.  She said ALL of her patients that had recently returned from cruises were Covid positive.  I went on the cruise, took what I thought were careful precautions (masks, distancing, etc.) ... and returned Covid free.

And our primary care Dr has a different take.  She has no issues with us living our lives and we have seen her since our return on the 7 cruises we've done since restart without catching it.  I think your PC Dr is exxaggerating about "ALL" her patients. Our is ready for everything to get back to normal because she said she rarely sees it.  BTW, rates are dropping.  We live our life normally and also do on cruises.

On 1/23/2023 at 10:30 PM, PolicromaSol said:

I think the real problem is hand sanitizer doesn't work on any form of the 24-hour bug. Only hand-washing. If they're putting out sanitizer for that, it's for show.

I've seen ships that place a sink in front of the buffet and require hand washing to go inside. This is the real answer. 

And anyway, a cruise ship isn't the only place you'll find norovirus outbreaks. They just get picked on more for some reason.

My problem is one is washing their hands before they touch the utensils that are used my everyone passing through the buffet line.  THAT'S where contact bacteria/viruses/etc. are being passed.  So, a cleansing of some kind, IMO, is needed after the mass tong and spoon handling.