# of passengers on ship and other questions

denys222

I have read on this board where the number of passengers is known for future embarkations. We will be boarding Reflection next Sunday, Jan.29. How can i find out how many passengers will be cruising on this sailing?

I'm planning to bring a 12 pack of bottled water plus a 6 pack of Coke can's in my backpack. Would this be a problem? 

Still glad to be enriched by other people's comments on this boards. I'm trying not to focus to much on the recent downgrades associated with the cost cutting measures of Celebrity's management. The price for a cucumber at a local grocery store was $3.49 this morning. They have their problems also. Just glad to be able to participate in a fun, relaxing vacation and bring back positive memories.

Thanks.

• Like 1

It's a little work but the way the number of passengers is estimated is to look up how many cabins are unsold  x 2 and deduct from the Max Passenger load at 2 people  per cabin.

Many of the Airlines Sites under cruises allow you to see all cabins available -   You just go down the line by about 20 cabin types   e.g.  1A, 1B, 1C  and count cabins then Talley them up.

24 minutes ago, denys222 said:

I have read on this board where the number of passengers is known for future embarkations. We will be boarding Reflection next Sunday, Jan.29. How can i find out how many passengers will be cruising on this sailing?

Although you can do some estimations based on cabins unsold, as @Jim_Iain mentioned, even the ship's crew don't actually know until everyone is on board as people can cancel, no show, and book up until almost the last minute.

11 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

"Many of the Airlines Sites under cruises" allow you to see all cabins available -   You just go down the line by about 20 cabin types   e.g.  1A, 1B, 1C  and count cabins then Talley them up.

What does this mean?  "Many of the Airlines Sites under cruises"

11 hours ago, denys222 said:

Thought about doing that, but i was looking for a easier(lazier) way. Thanks

No easy way , just need to do the count on a day you are snowed in  🤣

this is for the Spring Reflection TA

8AF36A80-A9D3-4175-837C-198011386CDF.jpeg

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer

Just got off the Edge. It was at 90% capacity with the Retreat fully booked. We eat early ( they open Luminae at 5:15 for dinner so never waited. ) Booked specialty restaurants 5 out of 10 nights. Next time I’ll use my OBC to book more. Sundeck was empty on port days so was able to find shade. Sea days were tough. Have to be creative and get up there early as shade is insufficient . 

16 hours ago, prmssk said:

Although you can do some estimations based on cabins unsold, as @Jim_Iain mentioned, even the ship's crew don't actually know until everyone is on board as people can cancel, no show, and book up until almost the last minute.

Your right even on the cruise you often get different answers according to who you speak to. 

Last cruise the Hotel Director, Retreat Host and Customer Service manager were giving estimates of the Xmas week cruises.   At one point the Hotel Director and Customer Service Manger got into a bet on the count - quoting I looked at the XXX report.   He finally conceded to the Customer Service Manager as the report she quoted was more up to date.   The numbers were changing daily.

11 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

No easy way , just need to do the count on a day you are snowed in  🤣

this is for the Spring Reflection TA

8AF36A80-A9D3-4175-837C-198011386CDF.jpeg

ThanksEx-Airbalancer. I mistakenly opened a thread   yesterday, tried unsuccessful to get rid of it after half an hour pushing the mouse around the screen, so doing the same research you did would have probably kept me up all night.as you can see I'm still in the copy/paste stages of computer literacy.