NCL Ship Tours?

jcolley

Hi! Does anyone know if NCL (Breakaway) does the ship tours? I have done Celebrity’s tour before and includes most areas of the ship, including the bridge. It’s typically a paid activity. My GF and I are taking her 11yo old son on the Breakaway on March 19, 2023 and he is fascinated with ships! 

Thanks in advance!

1 minute ago, jcolley said:

Hi! Does anyone know if NCL (Breakaway) does the ship tours? I have done Celebrity’s tour before and includes most areas of the ship, including the bridge. It’s typically a paid activity. My GF and I are taking her 11yo old son on the Breakaway on March 19, 2023 and he is fascinated with ships! Thanks in advance!

Tours have not been offered since the pandemic restart. They are still keeping germy passengers out of crew areas. Prior to the pandemic, NCL has not allowed passengers on the bridge since the Paris terrorist attack in 2015. 

It is my understanding that tours may begin again in the next month or so.  Do not know if it will be ship by ship or entire fleet after a given date.  

There should be one or two presentations during your cruise about how to "Run A Floating Hotel".  One is usually done by the Hotel Senior Management staff and the other by the Captain and Chief Engineer.  Watch your Freestyle Daily for day, time and place.  You can also ask at the Guest Services Desk.

51 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Tours have not been offered since the pandemic restart. They are still keeping germy passengers out of crew areas. Prior to the pandemic, NCL has not allowed passengers on the bridge since the Paris terrorist attack in 2015. 

On rare occasion they make exceptions, I got a tour of the escape Bridge in 2016. Once in a lifetime event for me, it was incredible.

1 hour ago, Heronymous said:

On rare occasion they make exceptions, I got a tour of the escape Bridge in 2016. Once in a lifetime event for me, it was incredible.

We have also, but it was a private tour, by exception. We actually got to spend time in the Engine Control Room with a tour by the Chief Engineer and spent an hour on the bridge with a tour by the Captain. The captain was pretty cool, spending an hour with us, pulling out maps and talking about the favorite places he has sailed to... as well as watching the rest of the bridge staff secured from tendering, weigh the anchor, and get underway from GSC. 

My kids were lucky to get a few tours when they were younger.  On one ship they met the Captain who gave them a tour.  Afterwards they went to his office and received some ship swag.

It was a lot of fun for them and they got to ask a lot of questions.  

They also toured and met Captains of a couple of HAL ships 

Lucky for me I was the chaperone