Reykjavik Port check in for NCL

Snate

Not sure if anybody knows the answer but we are on a NCL cruise that leaves Reykjavik at 6pm  and we were going to be in town a few days prior. On the day we are embarking we were trying to book a tour at 9am from the bus station.  Does anybody know if there is a way to go to the port and drop off your luggage for the cruise ship first thing in the morning?  The air bnb we are staying at makes us leave by 11 am so we need to get all of our luggage out when we head out for this tour.  

I can’t offer advice specific to Reykjavik.  Is the ship arriving that morning and ending a cruise?  I would assume so. In my experience at various ports, the porters will not start accepting luggage for the next cruise until they have finished the bulk of their work from the disembarking cruise.  They are usually involved in helping to organize the luggage from that cruise and even assisting those passengers with their bags.  As that gets further underway, they start transitioning to arriving passengers and their luggage.  In Southampton last fall, the arriving passengers also had to wait for a while as the porters were on a brief rest break in between duties for the 2 cruises.  

I would not be surprised if at 8:30-9:00 or so they may not be willing or able to take bags from arriving passengers.  In Barcelona we arrived and were told not until 10:00.  The ended up starting at 9:45.  

Not much help, but I think you might need to delay your tour a little or take your luggage on the tour with you. 

How important is it to you to stay in an air bnb rather than hotel?  If you switch to hotel, you could leave the bags at the hotel bell hop and retrieve them when you are back from your tour and before you go to the ship....

• 1 month later...