Celebrity Solstice - San Pedro Terminal B50

Cruising89143

I noticed for our cruise in April that the Solstice will use B-50 in San Pedro as there will be two Princess ships in port that day as well. Princess gets the two dedicated terminals. I know that this is an outer pier with no dedicated terminal and only used for an overflow situation. Anyone have any experience using this terminal with Celebrity? How do they handle embarkation? 

Thanks…

We also were confronted with the mysterious Pier 50.  Our car's driver was not familiar with the pier and there were no signs on the road coming into the main port from the freeway.  Unfortunately, we drove into the main port area and then were in a traffic jam for about 30 minutes while we circled the main port and then exited to where we had begun.  It turns out that pier 50 is farther down the main road that adjoins the pier area but again no signs.  The clue is to look for the ship with the X on the smokestack and head in that direction but don't go in the main fenced area.  However, that was not the end of the escapade.  We finally were alongside the ship and as we got out of the car we were told NO.  This is not where you start the embarkation.  Nearby there was a large tent and that was the first stop for embarkation.  So that was another detour for us and the poor driver.  Finally we exited at the tent, checked in and then stood in line for checking our bags.  THEN we boarded a bus back to where the ship was docked.  It was not a pleasant experience and you would think that at least someone could put up a few road signs but for our late October cruise on the Solstice there were none.  Luckily for disembarkation we were at pier 93 in the main port area.  Perhaps someone else can give more explicit instructions since it was several months ago and I have tried to wipe it out of my memory.  Good luck.

• Like 2

You need to confirm not only embarkation pier but also disembarkation pier. We were also on the confusing late October sail. If you are driving, and have a car, the best thing to do is park at the main terminal parking lot, and find the shuttle bus that takes you to the outer pier. That way when you disembark, your car is where it needs to be. Originally we drove to the outer pier dropped off our luggage at the tent, then took the car back to the main terminal. Then we took the shuttle back to the ship. It was hectic, and confusing but we know what we need to do now if it happens again. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Rtowncruiser said:

You need to confirm not only embarkation pier but also disembarkation pier. We were also on the confusing late October sail. If you are driving, and have a car, the best thing to do is park at the main terminal parking lot, and find the shuttle bus that takes you to the outer pier. That way when you disembark, your car is where it needs to be. Originally we drove to the outer pier dropped off our luggage at the tent, then took the car back to the main terminal. Then we took the shuttle back to the ship. It was hectic, and confusing but we know what we need to do now if it happens again. 

We’re driving in and leaving our car at 93 

Edited by LaCal

2 hours ago, Texed said:

Looks as if nothing has changed at San Pedro.  🫣

We cruised from there a total of eight times last year with zero issues but we were in one of the two existing terminals. It seems that when more than two ships are in port then it changes. I did see where there is now a plan in place to add two more additional terminals which is needed. 

There was a post around November of a Solstice ship that had to use the Pier 50 and the reports were terrible.    I guess all passengers had to be bused from the ship to one of two locations.   No bathroom facilities and long lines.   If I recall many missed their flights.

If I recall correctly they had to process in a remote location new passengers and then bus to ship.   The area is undeveloped and the gangways were steep. 

27 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

There was a post around November of a Solstice ship that had to use the Pier 50 and the reports were terrible.    I guess all passengers had to be bused from the ship to one of two locations.   No bathroom facilities and long lines.   If I recall many missed their flights.

If I recall correctly they had to process in a remote location new passengers and then bus to ship.   The area is undeveloped and the gangways were steep. 

I read that. I’m hoping that X communicates with us prior to the cruise on the best way to handle luggage, parking and check-in. From what I have gathered it will be best to drop luggage at pier #46 or 50 depending on where the tent is set up and then drive over and park near terminal 93 which we all used for our December Solstice cruise, catch the shuttle back to pier 50 and when we return back to L.A we can easily walk off with our luggage as our car will be there. It will be that or just leave our car parked at the hotel and use a taxi or Lyft to and from. We have a few months to figure it out. I know that this is out of Celebrity’s control but I am hoping for them to be proactive with this situation.

We got off on 10/29 and yes it was a cluster. Only benefit was if we had B2Bed that week, because of no terminal, customs came onboard. 10/22 turnaround day we were paraded through terminal and out in sidewalk, all running to catch up to a terribly inexperienced officer because the Captains’ Club host who was supposed to go out with the group and lead up the rear chose to stay onboard. This was all in a RS 😳

You are very fortunate if all goes smoothly in San Pedro. 

2 hours ago, lovecruzin said:

For anyone reading this and freaking out, as I did momentarily. Here is the link to the Port schedule. I only see X being assigned B50 on April 1.

https://www.portsamerica.com/operations/cruise-los-angeles-terminal-schedule

Thank you for this.  I am glad my cruise in March is B93!!

• Like 1