Think I found 1!! Suggestions, please

RTR 21-0

I think I’ve found an independent operator for the Amalfi coast tour.  Options are 1.  Amalfi coast w/stops in Ravello & Amalfi on the way to Sorrento, lunch there then stop at Positano balcony for pics before heading back to ship.  Option 2 Ravello, Amalfi & Positano  leaving out Sorrento which I would assume leaves more time at the other stops.  First time to Naples so I’d like to know if Sorrento is worth the visit or scratching that off and spending more time at other stops?  

After much research  I determined that Sorrento wasn't of interest, especially since it took time away from villages that are actually ON the Amalfi Coast. Your option 1. says "stop at Positano balcony' for pics'.  Does a view from an overlook work for you?  Not me.

I hired a private driver and figured out an itinerary that suited our needs. We were a party of 4. It was around $400 for the day.  If your party is smaller, you can still plan your own itinerary, then find 2-4 people on your Roll Call to reduce the cost. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the comments to all.  We've already booked a private driver, primarily because we want to see Positano -- it's the other areas we aren't sure about seeing (suggestions are welcome).

And this is directed at the OP -- Bama fan?  Your name reminds me of the score of a certain NC game.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

Thanks for the comments to all.  We've already booked a private driver, primarily because we want to see Positano -- it's the other areas we aren't sure about seeing (suggestions are welcome).

And this is directed at the OP -- Bama fan?  Your name reminds me of the score of a certain NC game.

Haha yes indeed we are, but it was the score against LSU in the 2012 BCS National Championship game.  Good eye!

I am also planning for this type of tour of the Amalfi Coast.

The bigger companies, that are well known, can be pretty pricey, especially for a Private tour.

I am hoping for more insight on AT (Amalfi Tours) which is also Sorrento Limo.

They don't have as much feedback out there.   But the reviews are all positive.

I would be very interested in what company you found and cost.

I am not overly confident that Sorrento is a must do stop but most of the operators seem to include. Thank you for confirming CruiseMom, your comments are always spot on!

Our roll call for October is like crickets and just hubby and I are going on this trip so if I can’t find a group will need to use Italy tours.eu that handles forming the group.

2 hours ago, tobyt said:

Our roll call for October is like crickets and just hubby and I are going on this trip so if I can’t find a group will need to use Italy tours.eu that handles forming the group.

Our rollcall last yr was pretty dead too.  Our cruise left at the end of Sept so I expected to read trip reports all summer. There were 3 !   I think people are moving to the big social media site. As much as I dislike fb I went on a general page for NCL Gem, and eventually found the equivalent of a rollcall. And people would return after their cruise to post remarks/answer questions.

As for a tour sharing site, I had looked at this one. They make it very easy ... you indicate which tour you want, the ship, and date, and then you can use cc or fb or whatever to encourage people to join your tour. The downside is that it may get cancelled if there aren't enough pax, but I guess that can happen with any tour company. 

Shared Shore Excursions in Florence Rome Amalfi Coast Naples (italytoursharing.com)

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2023 at 11:07 AM, tobyt said:

I would be very interested in what company you found and cost.

I am not overly confident that Sorrento is a must do stop but most of the operators seem to include. Thank you for confirming CruiseMom, your comments are always spot on!

I’m so sorry I forgot to respond to your question about who we chose.  Mister Taxi Cab Driver. I’ve seen reviews on here and another forum and he can be found on FB.  He has several tours to choose from but most run 400 Euro for 1-4 people; 450 for 5-6; and 500 for 7-8.