Help Please Dining on INFINITY

azgrandmax3

We a group of 4 will be dining in main dining room different times each day. Have made all 11 reservations.

Will we be given a table for 4?  I see very few such tables on deck plans.  I can not find an area to request such a table.

Thanks for you knowledge on this issue.

1 hour ago, azgrandmax3 said:

We a group of 4 will be dining in main dining room different times each day. Have made all 11 reservations.

Will we be given a table for 4?  I see very few such tables on deck plans.  I can not find an area to request such a table.

Thanks for you knowledge on this issue.

In my experience from years gone by that they will either pull two double tables together or reconfigure the larger tables.    The 6/8 tops can drop the wings and convert in to a 4 top.    Depending on how busy the dining room is they also may give you a 6 top and just spread you out.

In August we were a party of 4 on the Summit (same set up as Infinity) and we were seated at a table for 4 in the middle/back of the MDR. They may also give you the two 2-tops next to each other as BettyCruiser indicated. Either way, if you link the 2 reservations together for dining then you'll automatically be seated together no matter the time of each night's reservation. If you haven't done that you can go to the desk at the MDR on day 1 and let them know you want to be seated together each night and they'll take care of that for you. We were on the Infinity in Oct and met several nice couples that we decided to eat with. There were 2 of us day 1, then 4 of us, then 6 of us and we ended up being a party of 8 for the last 3 nights. The dining staff were very flexible and even tried to keep us with the same wait staff for each night. 

14 hours ago, BettyCruiser said:

They will probably just put two 2-tops together for you.

If I may jump in with a question - we are cruising X for the first time on a Med cruise in August on Infinity… with two of us, will they put us at a table with other people? I booked our dining times on the phone this week. Is there a way to let them know we’d like to sit alone? Thanks!! 

47 minutes ago, CityChickCruising said:

If I may jump in with a question - we are cruising X for the first time on a Med cruise in August on Infinity… with two of us, will they put us at a table with other people? I booked our dining times on the phone this week. Is there a way to let them know we’d like to sit alone? Thanks!! 

The 2-tops are situated in a row of 4, quite close to each other. There's a 2-top window table, then 3 2-tops to make a row. I can't remember how many rows of these, but quite a few. We enjoyed sitting in this section because we liked to chit-chat with those seated around us. There are a few 2-tops toward the middle/back of the MDR so if you want real privacy you'll need to head to the MDR desk when you get on the ship and let them know you want space between tables. Hopefully they can find a spot that meets your needs. 

We were on Infinity in January and we had the same table for four each night. It was middle back near the big window! The first night, we were seated near the entrance and we didn’t like the location nor did we like the wait staff! When we arrived on the second night, we asked the hostess to seat us closer to the back and the bonus was we had a fantastic wait staff for the remainder of the cruise! I think the table number was 231!

Edited by elliekate

26 minutes ago, kathynorth said:

The 2-tops are situated in a row of 4, quite close to each other. There's a 2-top window table, then 3 2-tops to make a row. I can't remember how many rows of these, but quite a few. We enjoyed sitting in this section because we liked to chit-chat with those seated around us. There are a few 2-tops toward the middle/back of the MDR so if you want real privacy you'll need to head to the MDR desk when you get on the ship and let them know you want space between tables. Hopefully they can find a spot that meets your needs. 

Fantastic! We aren’t picky in terms of location, just like dinner being ‘just us’ at a table. Appreciate your insight! 

• Like 1

It's been my experience that my special requests, regarding MDR seating arrangements have been fairly successful by taking the following actions:

Including our request in my reservation,

And as soon as possible, once aboard, go to the MDR to say hello to the Maitre D. 

Maitre Ds have been quite helpful and if something can be arranged to meet your needs, they will do it. Mind you, we always use the classic dining option. ( same set time). 

• Like 1