World Cruise 2025?

jeno

Can someone please verify there are multiple deposits Princess asking on the 2025 WC booking?   Initially about 10% of the booked fare which due immediately that is fine; 2nd deposit in March 2024 for another 20% of the remaining and booking will be cancelled if not received.  Didn't see anything about refunding the 1st deposit.  Almost 30% total down by next year.  Is Princess crazy?   Because the asking deposit is huge, has Princess been good in refunding WC deposits in the past years if cancel before the cancellation period for any reason?  

Thank you!

Edited by CeCe_

Excerpt below from my 2025 WC Booking Confirmation.  Final and full payment is due 22-Sep-2024. 

The next day, if you cancel the forfeit amount is 30% of the full payment amount. 

Starting 23-Oct-2024 the forfeit amount is 50% of full payment. etc.

If you cancel, the time to actually receive the refund is YMMV.

And yes - 2 deposits.  I made a deposit last week and my Booking Confirmation asks for more money on 6-Mar-2024 and a final payment on 22-Sep-2024.

image.thumb.png.ebf505e6e92d22957166be210f808803.png

Edited by tcdcruiser
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I saw that Princess released their Oz/NZ 2025 WC itineraries a few days back. Balcony fares seem much more reasonable and in line with the 2023 and 2024 rates, unlike the 2025 US departure, so I booked a balcony cabin to depart in Sydney 2025.

Even in factoring in airfare (about $5K each from the West Coast to Sydney) and if I added Plus to the OZ cruise fare, it would still come out to the same price as the basic balcony fare on the 2025 US departure WC on the Island. I opted against booking the plus fare as I don’t fancy 113 days of trying to get my moneys worth at the bar!

I like the itinerary of the Oz/NZ WC way better and I got to book a Caribe balcony on the Crown Princess, so despite having to traverse the new locks in the Panama Canal, I very much feel like I got a win here.

I had placed the cabin on hold last night as I wanted to use a FCD and the website stated that I needed to call in for that. It took about an hour to resolve this morning, but I got my 3% discount off the cruise fare and the deposit was reduced to 5% of the new fare. I do have to pay another 10% deposit in Sep 2024 with the final balance due in Feb 2025 for a cruise that departs June 2025.

Anybody know how far out the Princess App can see cruises? The cruise shows up fine on the webpage, but trying to add the booking in the app gives me a booking not found error.

11 hours ago, Sarnia 432 said:

It will show all future cruises, but usually takes a few days after the booking until they show up

I received a new iPad this afternoon and was setting it up and I downloaded the Princess App. Upon logging in, I can see the 2025 WC, but still no sign of it showing up on my Android phone and trying to link the booking, still gives me a reservation not found. 

perhaps I should trying logging out and back in again to the Princess app on my phone

15 hours ago, polmcs said:

I received a new iPad this afternoon and was setting it up and I downloaded the Princess App. Upon logging in, I can see the 2025 WC, but still no sign of it showing up on my Android phone and trying to link the booking, still gives me a reservation not found. 

perhaps I should trying logging out and back in again to the Princess app on my phone

Logging out of the app on my phone and then logging back in fixed the issue. I can now see my Jun 2025 cruise in the app