dyea dave tours

gottagoacruzn

• 1 year later...

Hello out there. This is Dyea Dave's brother in law, Frank. I was married to his sister Nancy who preceded him in passing. Dyea Dave Tours got shut down by covid before the 2020 season when cruises were canceled. 2021, 2022 and 2023 our drivers had found other employment and there were no others who wanted to work. We are back on with one driver for 2024 to rebuild the business. David came home from medical care in Seattle when he was told there was nothing that could be done for him. My wife, Wei and I cared for him in his final months. He loved all of his clients and truly enjoyed chatting with them. He wanted us to keep the business running and we will honor all the policies as if he was still here. Friendly and economical tours putting our guests first. for information go to dyeadave.com. or text or call 907-612-0314

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I have many fond memories of Dave and Nancy from when I lived in Skagway in the 90’s and subsequent years working on ships.  I’m glad you’re starting up the business again and I wish you the best of luck.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/5/2023 at 1:55 PM, gottagoacruzn said:

Hi guys, know this a long shot, an know that dave past away two yrs ago, but does anybody know if dyea dave tours is still in business? Just might be goin to Alaska in Sept an stop in Skagway. Thanks, inquiring minds would like to know.

Virginia

Dyea Dave Tours is back in 2024. Finally found a suitable driver. Monique is driving this year but did not know for sure until the end of March. We could not take reservations until we were sure that we could honor them. $95 a seat and children 5 and under free. Dave always kept the price down and we are honoring that policy. Same tour, all the stops he always did.

IMG_6680.JPG

• Like 1

On 6/10/2024 at 1:28 AM, Dyea Dave Tours said:

Dyea Dave Tours is back in 2024. Finally found a suitable driver. Monique is driving this year but did not know for sure until the end of March. We could not take reservations until we were sure that we could honor them. $95 a seat and children 5 and under free. Dave always kept the price down and we are honoring that policy. Same tour, all the stops he always did.

Wow, that's great news!  We were booked with Dave back in 2020, but we all know what happened to those cruises 😞  We will finally be getting our chance to cruise in Alaska in July 2025 and would love to book this tour again.  I know it's still early, but do you know when you will open up bookings for the 2025 season?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, deladane said:

Wow, that's great news!  We were booked with Dave back in 2020, but we all know what happened to those cruises 😞  We will finally be getting our chance to cruise in Alaska in July 2025 and would love to book this tour again.  I know it's still early, but do you know when you will open up bookings for the 2025 season?

After this season is over. We will start taking reservations for 2025 in October. We were not able to take reservations this year until we had a driver/guide fully trained which was the end of March. This year we will likely not show positive revenue but hope to make up for it in 2025. Cruisers tend to plan way ahead, and they had their reservations made before we climbed back in the saddle. Have a happy winter and we will see you next year.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dyea Dave Tours said:

After this season is over. We will start taking reservations for 2025 in October. We were not able to take reservations this year until we had a driver/guide fully trained which was the end of March. This year we will likely not show positive revenue but hope to make up for it in 2025. Cruisers tend to plan way ahead, and they had their reservations made before we climbed back in the saddle. Have a happy winter and we will see you next year.

Sounds good! There aren’t that many tour companies in Skagway, especially when avoiding large cruise ship excursions. I like to plan in advance to ensure I get a seat on my top choice tours before things sell out. I’ll be in touch in the fall to book the tour!