First timer on Oceania...is non-alcoholic wine available?

Nashna

Soda pop, milkshakes, smoothies, water (sparkling & still), traditional mocktails (e.g., virgin Pina Colada), coffee, tea, juice, etc. are FREE.

You can buy some specific non-alcoholic products.

AND you can bring your own on board. Either at embarkation or in port. (This includes actual alcohol, too. Beer, hard liquor and win. So that would include non-alcoholic wine and spirts.)

12 minutes ago, Nashna said:

We are in the process of reserving our first Oceania cruise.  Are non-alcoholic wine or spirits available onboard? 

I am sure someone will comment

but if you mention it to the TA or O  when booking that you prefer non alcoholic wine  they might  be able to get it for you

They do have some new drinks that are non alcoholic  for  a fee   not sure if just on the  new Vista  ship

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/media/2022/OCEANIA+CRUISES+UNVEILS+INNOVATIVE+MIXOLOGY+PROGRAM/

3 hours ago, MEFIowa said:

Soda pop, milkshakes, smoothies, water (sparkling & still), traditional mocktails (e.g., virgin Pina Colada), coffee, tea, juice, etc. are FREE.

You can buy some specific non-alcoholic products.

AND you can bring your own on board. Either at embarkation or in port. (This includes actual alcohol, too. Beer, hard liquor and win. So that would include non-alcoholic wine and spirts.)

Thank you.  That is great information.   My husband can't drink alcohol...he does enjoy the many non-alcoholic wine and spirts that are now available.  We will check closer to our January. 2024 sailing to see what Oceania offers onboard.  If they don't offer these options, we will just make a stop at Total wine after we land the day prior to the cruise.

Not sure about non-alcoholic wine, but they do have Heinekin Zero. Hubs doesn't drink either, but occasionally enjoyed an alcohol-free beer on our last sailing. And happily, they didn't charge us for them during happy hour when I grabbed a drink from the bar (I had the drink package). It was nice that they considered that as part of the 2-for-1 deal!

On 2/9/2023 at 12:23 AM, Cliff-FLL said:

If it's non-alcoholic wine, it's called grape juice. 😊

You might want to try it sometime.  It is definitely not grape juice.  

Non-alcoholic wine is a wine from which the alcohol has been removed. It undergoes the same production process as regular wine, with one additional step to extract the alcohol.

Winelovers and retailers also refer to non-alcoholic wine as alcohol-free or dealcoholized wine. In this article, we will discuss how alcoholic wine is made, how it tastes, and what its advantages over regular wine are.

Is Non-Alcoholic Wine the Same as Grape Juice?

Non-alcoholic wine and grape juice are not the same beverages. Grape juice is simply the extract of grapes that are crushed and pressed. But non-alcoholic wine undergoes a complex production process that is very similar to regular winemaking. It includes fermentation and, in many cases, barrel-aging. Finally, the alcohol is extracted.

17 hours ago, RD64 said:

Truly no offence but that is grape fruit juice regardless of what that Wikipedia definition says.

I enjoy regular alcoholic wine.  The new crop of non-alcoholic wines is very good.  If one can't have alcohol, the new varieties are an excellent substitute.  They have come a long way in a few years.

• Like 2

On 2/10/2023 at 6:57 PM, RD64 said:

Truly no offence but that is grape fruit juice regardless of what that Wikipedia definition says.

Too funny, hard to take "offense" at ignorant people being foolish so publicly. More akin to a bad comedy routine:

"There are two main types of non-alcoholic wines. There are wine alternatives, which are made to resemble wine in flavor and texture, but never contain alcohol, and dealcoholized wines, which are traditionally-made wines with their alcohol removed." 

Best Non-Alcoholic Wines 2023 | Wine Enthusiast (winemag.com)

I just found an answer to my question on Oceania's description of Vista's Aquamar Restaurant.  They will have French non-alcoholic wine and spirits onboard.

To reflect the wellness-inspired dishes, the beverage menu will feature a selection of premium, award-winning non-alcoholic wines, Pierre Zero from France as well as a refreshing collection of mocktails crafted with Lyre’s non-alcoholic spirits.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/vista/culinary-experiences#:~:text=To reflect the,IMAGE SLIDESHOW

Edited by Nashna
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2023 at 3:48 PM, Nashna said:

You might want to try it sometime.  It is definitely not grape juice.  

Non-alcoholic wine is a wine from which the alcohol has been removed. It undergoes the same production process as regular wine, with one additional step to extract the alcohol.

Winelovers and retailers also refer to non-alcoholic wine as alcohol-free or dealcoholized wine. In this article, we will discuss how alcoholic wine is made, how it tastes, and what its advantages over regular wine are.

Is Non-Alcoholic Wine the Same as Grape Juice?

Non-alcoholic wine and grape juice are not the same beverages. Grape juice is simply the extract of grapes that are crushed and pressed. But non-alcoholic wine undergoes a complex production process that is very similar to regular winemaking. It includes fermentation and, in many cases, barrel-aging. Finally, the alcohol is extracted.

@Nashna is correct. I have drunk grape juice, I have drunk dealcoholized wine (Nosecco is a good one, BTW), I have drunk sparkling grape juice and (mostly) I have drunk regular wine. They do NOT all taste the same and the dealcoholized wine is VERY different from grape juice. It tastes great, and you might not notice the lack of alcohol, at first. 😉