Riviera New Bar Drinks, Menus and Prices

Robjame

For me the most important thing I see is that Balvenie and Oban scotch are now both on the bar menu, they were not before, although they were available in Horizons for a cost, (not part of the Prestige Package). If they stick with the old rule that if it's on the bar menu it's covered under the package then the addition of those two single malts alone would make it worth the extra $10 per day to me. I understand that others couldn't care less about single malts, but for me that's a positive improvement. 

Thanks for posting. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ORV said:

Balvenie and Oban scotch are now both on the bar menu, they were not before, although they were available in Horizons for a cost, (not part of the Prestige Package).

Orv I will check on that and report back. 

• Like 1

Orv et al:

The single malts that have been added to the bar menu are included in The Prestige Beverage Package.

Catch 22 - not all are on board yet -Oban, Cragganmore, Balvenie - 

I did have a double Macallan $34 + 20% before lunch for research purposes

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Robjame said:

Orv et al:

The single malts that have been added to the bar menu are included in The Prestige Beverage Package.

Does that mean they are 2 for 1 during happy hour now? I think you need to test that too 😉

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Does that mean they are 2 for 1 during happy hour now? I think you need to test that too 😉

Good Thinking….. of course at $21.60 a 1 oz pour (to get a 2 oz.) that is expensive research.😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robjame said:

Orv et al:

Thanks for doing the research, hope it's not too taxing. 🤩

• Haha 3

Thanks for posting. Since I have 40 days booked on unremodeled Mariner in the next year and a half, I am sure Oceania will still charge me the old lower prices to go with the old decor on the ship.🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Robjame said:

Orv et al:

so does this mean you did not upgrade for the $30 PP PD??

37 minutes ago, DENIE said:

Thanks for posting!  Seeing enough wines on the list that will fall within the prestige price.  🙂

Unless something has changed if it's on the list it's on the package. Unlike other lines the package is not determined by price, but by what is on the bar menu. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ORV said:

Unless something has changed if it's on the list it's on the package. Unlike other lines the package is not determined by price, but by what is on the bar menu. 

So which Bar menu sets the standard? Martini's? Grand Bar? Waves Bar? Horizons Bar? I've seen variations on the menu at each one in the past, so which one defines the Prestige package?

1 hour ago, Aloha 1 said:

So which Bar menu sets the standard? Martini's? Grand Bar? Waves Bar? Horizons Bar? I've seen variations on the menu at each one in the past, so which one defines the Prestige package?

Any drink you find on any bar menu or any wine by the glass or any beer is included in the Prestige menu as far as I know.

However you might not find all drinks at all bars. For example Baristas has a limited menu suitable for aperetivos or after dinner drinks or drinks with coffee but not the fancy cocktails. Or - we like a pastis (cinquante et un or Ricard) before dinner but it may only be available at Main Bar. Having said that, we have ordered it from any restaurant and it arrives.

Caveat: there are some specialty drinks only available in specific specialty restaurants - sake in red Ginger or a special after dinner liquor in Tuscan. We are in the habit of asking if in doubt “Is this included in the drink package?” - avoids surprises.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ORV said:

That's great. For some reason I was thinking there was a $15 limit on the prestige package, but I may have been mistaken.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DENIE said:

That's great. For some reason I was thinking there was a $15 limit on the prestige package, but I may have been mistaken.

You might be thinking of  anther cruise line