Riviera New Bar Drinks, Menus and Prices

Robjame

1 hour ago, Aloha 1 said:

Usually by Day 3 they might not even ask for it as they know what package you have.

Not sure if this is currently the practise as the sommelier (bar worker) has to swipe your card, enter the drinks and file the receipt to get credit for the auto gratuity.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2023 at 12:28 PM, Robjame said:

Not sure if this is currently the practise as the sommelier (bar worker) has to swipe your card, enter the drinks and file the receipt to get credit for the auto gratuity.

Well, that's what happened on our last 3 cruises on Marina and Nautica.

On 1/25/2023 at 1:08 PM, LHT28 said:

Yes but not in the Beverage packages

They used to  have  a package deal for 7 bottles for  a set price off a set list

the list can vary 

Unfortunately on the January 14 Riviera cruise, there were no 7 bottle for a set price special, nor a bin end list.  Only bottles available for purchase were from the standard wine list presented at each meal.  They indicated to me that we were rearranging things.  Whatever that means.

1 hour ago, alainciao said:

Here's a basic question.  Does O have a consistent wine pour?  5,6 or 7 ounces.  I suppose one could get on the ship, buy by the glass for a day or two to see what you get.  Then buy a package if not happy.

When we purchase by the glass it seems  the glass is 3/4 full   but I have no idea  how many oz that is

We have noticed that in the GDR when the sommelier pours the wine they will pour up level to the top of the adjacent water glass. Using this as a guide when free pouring, the amount of wine should be approximately the same each time. Not sure how much it is in oz or mls.

The two drinks must be the same.

Horizon's and Martinis are designated (although I believe the Grand Bar on Riviera was sometimes listed...maybe when Horizon's was being used for something else?).

Often 5-6 pm and 10:30-11:30pm (Horizons only).

Only items on the Bar Menu excluding single malt scotches and XOs.

There is also the Drink of the Day (~half price) all day and sometimes a wine of the day (although I don't think I saw any on our September cruise).

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

The two drinks must be the same.

Horizon's and Martinis are designated (although I believe the Grand Bar on Riviera was sometimes listed...maybe when Horizon's was being used for something else?).

Often 5-6 pm and 10:30-11:30pm (Horizons only).

Only items on the Bar Menu excluding single malt scotches and XOs.

There is also the Drink of the Day (~half price) all day and sometimes a wine of the day (although I don't think I saw any on our September cruise).

Single malt scotches are included based on my purchasing them during happy hour on Sirena this month.  Oban 14 year old, to be specific.

1 minute ago, shepherd really said:

Single malt scotches are included based on my purchasing them during happy hour on Sirena this month.  Oban 14 year old, to be specific.

Oh, right, I forgot about that. Do you have a Currents from this month's cruise with a Happy Hour "ad"? If so, can you post a pic? I was going off of my September Currents, and things have obviously changed.

1 minute ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Oh, right, I forgot about that. Do you have a Currents from this month's cruise with a Happy Hour "ad"? If so, can you post a pic? I was going off of my September Currents, and things have obviously changed.

Sorry, I didn't keep any Currents.  In Horizons during happy hour they were giving very generous pours.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AMHuntFerry said:

I don’t recall seeing drink of the day anytime during the last 37 days though I could have just missed it. They ran a Bloody Mary spiff at lunch time for quite awhile at various times - even to the point of having one whole end of the buffet at Terrace covered with vegetables - $10 and then jumped up to $12.

Also no V8 on board though there is Caesar mix. One guest was complaining that there was no Lea & Perrins.

1 hour ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Excellent! It gets rid of the confusion about what is included. At least I got the times/locations correct 😉

If you have the Prestige package it does not matter  😉

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Robjame said:

I don’t recall seeing drink of the day anytime during the last 37 days though I could have just missed it.

It used to be on the back page of the Currents  next to the opening hours of the bars/Restaurants 

Maybe they no longer offer that ?

1 hour ago, Robjame said:

I don’t recall seeing drink of the day anytime during the last 37 days though I could have just missed it. They ran a Bloody Mary spiff at lunch time for quite awhile at various times - even to the point of having one whole end of the buffet at Terrace covered with vegetables - $10 and then jumped up to $12.

Also no V8 on board though there is Caesar mix. One guest was complaining that there was no Lea & Perrins.

Hmpph, drink of the day may have seen the hatchet due to the new items/events. I'll survive, and maybe we'll have enough capacity left to finally make a cognac or whisky tasting event after dinner.

21 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

We don't drink nearly enough to justify a package, plus I value flexibility more than $$. Two drinks before dinner and I'll call it good!

But for those that drink more  or if you  drink single malts /cognacs  the package covers it  no need for HH

I am one & done  so no package for me either 🙂

9 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

But for those that drink more or if you drink single malts/cognacs the package covers it  no need for HH....

As opposed to just bringing your favorite beers, hard liquors and wines on board? Either at embarkation or from the various ports.

I thought I read somewhere an old saying from Confucius: "On Oceania a fool and his money parts quickly with their drinks and drink packages. The wise man can save a small fortune and enjoy them on his veranda." Or something to that effect.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MEFIowa said:

"As opposed to just bringing your favorite beers, hard liquors and wines on board? Either at embarkation or from the various ports."

For those who favor just a short list of wines or drink but a few different cocktails, BYOB is doable. However, this would never work for me.

I enjoy a wide spectrum of cocktails and I never know what I shall fancy at any particular moment. I literally would require a full, premium-tier bar setup in the suite. This would be ill-advised for all but the longest of cruises, and only if I were regularly having guests for cocktails.

Far better to go for the package and enjoy a variety of cocktails without the muss and fuss of so many ingredients. (Don't get me started on how many of my favorite wines I would have to bring, to cover food & wine pairings.)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, no1talks said:

For those who favor just a short list of wines or drink but a few different cocktails, BYOB is doable. However, this would never work for me.

I enjoy a wide spectrum of cocktails and I never know what I shall fancy at any particular moment. I literally would require a full, premium-tier bar setup in the suite. This would be ill-advised for all but the longest of cruises, and only if I were regularly having guests for cocktails.

Far better to go for the package and enjoy a variety of cocktails without the muss and fuss of so many ingredients. (Don't get me started on how many of my favorite wines I would have to bring, to cover food & wine pairings.)

...and there is just something really fun about ordering cocktails from the bartender and chatting with the people on neighboring bar stools. 🍸Sla'inte!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1