Riviera New Bar Drinks, Menus and Prices

Robjame

22 minutes ago, cayman09 said:

I see $12 prices for Non-Alcoholic drinks on the menu pictured. I thought mocktails were free.

hard  to read the menu but they look like the NEW  non alcoholic concoctions

Times are changing

1 hour ago, cayman09 said:

I see $12 prices for Non-Alcoholic drinks on the menu pictured. I thought mocktails were free.

I  don't know what the previous mocktails were, but these new ones (according to the posted pics) have Lyre non-alcoholic spirits.  Those spirits are not cheap.  They are very close in taste to the 'real' thing, when in a cocktail. 

Edited by KS&JW
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, KS&JW said:

I  don't know what the previous mocktails were, but these new ones (according to the posted pics) have Lyre non-alcoholic spirits.  Those spirits are not cheap.  They are very close in taste to the 'real' thing, when in a cocktail. 

I believe you are right

The  free ones were Pina Colada  etc  with out the booze

easy to make

https://www.thepreismans.com/riviera16_menus.htm#main_bar

On 1/5/2023 at 4:51 PM, ORV said:

Balvenie and Oban scotch are now both on the bar menu, they were not before, although they were available in Horizons for a cost, (not part of the Prestige Package). If they stick with the old rule that if it's on the bar menu it's covered under the package then the addition of

Up at Horizons enjoying a double Oban 14yr @ 2 x $18 + 20%. All the single malts are aboard tho I have not verified that by taste 👅.

They are included in the Prestige but NOT in the 2 for 1 Happy Hour or freebie parties. ( I am guessing there will be more of the party exclusions)

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Robjame said:

Up at Horizons enjoying a double Oban 14yr @ 2 x $18 + 20%. All the single malts are aboard tho I have not verified that by taste 👅.

They are included in the Prestige but NOT in the 2 for 1 Happy Hour or freebie parties. ( I am guessing there will be more of the party exclusions)

Single malts have been excluded from the Repeater parties for a long time now. I just get an Old Fashioned with a decent bourbon. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Robjame said:

Your sacrifices in pursuit of knowledge are greatly appreciated. Enjoy!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Robjame said:

so you would have  saved a bit by paying the  $30 upgrade  if you drink a couple of doubles + per day 🤔

1 minute ago, ORV said:

Old Fashioned with a decent bourbon. 

Decent bourbon - oxymoron?

One single malt double per day  justifies prestige IMO. People may change their minds on packages with drink price increases

Interesting tidbit . Just tried to pre book the prestige Package for our 2/7 cruise to SA. When I selected Other Options>Beverage packages, I got a screen message "due to beverage restrictions unable to continue t this time".  ???

Edited by Aloha 1

25 minutes ago, Aloha 1 said:

Interesting tidbit . Just tried to pre book the prestige Package for our 2/7 cruise to SA. When I selected Other Options>Beverage packages, I got a screen message "due to beverage restrictions unable to continue t this time".  ???

I was getting that message as well.  The good old Oceania IT department is just being themselves. 

52 minutes ago, Aloha 1 said:

I would have your TA purchase it for you  or call O direct

If you selected the O Life Bev deal  you may not be able to pre pay the upgrade

I just checked mine on my next cruise which I have as Cruise only and I've got it in the cart. The crazy thing is the price figures out to be $53.95 a day per person. I'm tempted to push go. That's a $120 saving on a 10 day cruise. 

My cart really makes no sense at all, either that or I've gone into an alternate universe where regular math rules don't apply. Or maybe I just don't understand how it works. 

Edited by ORV
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ORV said:

I just checked mine on my next cruise which I have as Cruise only and I've got it in the cart. The crazy thing is the price figures out to be $53.95 a day per person. I'm tempted to push go. That's a $120 saving on a 10 day cruise. 

try it 😉

It may work out 

I think if you pre book it is supposed to be $59.95  but onboard it will be $69.95

That is how I interpreted  the website description

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ORV said:

I checked a future booking as well and it the math worked out, $59.99.  Someone in IT got lucky.