Riviera New Bar Drinks, Menus and Prices

Robjame

1 minute ago, Aloha 1 said:

My opinion is if your DH imbibes 2-3 glasses of wine per cruise day, the basic package would be a bargain as the price includes the gratuity.Just book it before embarkation.

Hi Robjame, yes I see your point but I’m still trying to work out if the least expensive red wine is $14 + 20% = $16.80?

2 minutes ago, BigCheese1 said:

Hi Robjame, yes I see your point but I’m still trying to work out if the least expensive red wine is $14 + 20% = $16.80?

Not Rob but yes, your math is correct. 

Edited by Aloha 1
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, BigCheese1 said:

Thanks Robjame, yes I think I’d always anticipated that, but my question is is there really no red wine for less than $14.  Normally there’s wine in the $7-9 (often in the house select package) range and wines $13-14 (often in the prestige package). Of course then there are wines that are much more……

He thinks, mostly because we are off the ship such a lot (excursions), he’s better off just paying by the glass. I don’t drink…..

The wines by the glass are exactly the same for both the House and Prestige package (in other words they are the same wine list). The only difference is WHEN they are included (House = lunch and dinner, Prestige = all day).

• Like 2

Does he drink any spirits?

If he only has wine with lunch & dinner  the House select would  work

If  he drinks more than 4 glasses or spirits   then Prestige package  would work

if  he only has 1 or 2 drinks per day then pay as you go

There is always Happy hour  5-6 pm & 10:30 to 11:30 pm   where it is 2 for one  

Of course he could  he could just buy some bottles of wine  to take onboard ..drink in the cabin  or pay the corkage fee to take to dinner/Lunch

You have to work out the best option for  his needs/wants

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BigCheese1 said:

Thanks Robjame, yes I think I’d always anticipated that, but my question is is there really no red wine for less than $14.  Normally there’s wine in the $7-9 (often in the house select package) range and wines $13-14 (often in the prestige package). Of course then there are wines that are much more……

He thinks, mostly because we are off the ship such a lot (excursions), he’s better off just paying by the glass. I don’t drink…..

You must have Oceania's package confused with some other cruise line. See the post below where she explained it perfectly. 

1 hour ago, AMHuntFerry said:

The wines by the glass are exactly the same for both the House and Prestige package (in other words they are the same wine list). The only difference is WHEN they are included (House = lunch and dinner, Prestige = all day).

3 hours ago, schmerl said:

Do both people in the cabin have to take the drink package or can just one person get it?

if you choose  the O life perk  then YES

If you purchase a package  out right  then NO

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

14 hours ago, ORV said:

You must have Oceania's package confused with some other cruise line. See the post below where she explained it perfectly. 

Both 

thanks for this, perhaps I’m asking the question badly. Or not understanding you replies!

I think my husband is NOT Interested in a package. I can see the price for both levels of packages, thanks and it’s interesting to note that the wines by the glass are the same for both grades of packages. I note it is just the timing that differs. Interesting.

what I really really want to know is the $ price (to be charged on your on board bill) of a ‘bog standard’ glass of red wine NOT being on any package.  I have  seen those priced at around $14-15 a glass. (plus gratuity, I know).

after this I give up on asking this question…..

15 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Does he drink any spirits?

If he only has wine with lunch & dinner  the House select would  work

If  he drinks more than 4 glasses or spirits   then Prestige package  would work

if  he only has 1 or 2 drinks per day then pay as you go

There is always Happy hour  5-6 pm & 10:30 to 11:30 pm   where it is 2 for one  

Of course he could  he could just buy some bottles of wine  to take onboard ..drink in the cabin  or pay the corkage fee to take to dinner/Lunch

You have to work out the best option for  his needs/wants

No not really. The odd single malt but probably not on this cruise. Yes I think pay as you go will be best. Thanks for your maths. Yes,  I think he will try and bring some bottles on board and enjoy an odd glass on our veranda. He’ll have to buy those I. Lima and thereafter….. we won’t want to haul them from the UK!
yes just trying to think through what is best, always grateful for others thoughts.

12 minutes ago, marieps said:

I just learned of the upgrade price increase from $20 to $30 pp/pd on the thread that's since been closed.  Does the $30 dollars include gratuity, or is that additional?

included in the packages AFAIK

• Like 1

Both 

thanks for this, perhaps I’m asking the question badly. Or not understanding you replies!

I think my husband is NOT Interested in a package. I can see the price for both levels of packages, thanks and it’s interesting to note that the wines by the glass are the same for both grades of packages. I note it is just the timing that differs. Interesting.

what I really really want to know is the $ price (to be charged on your on board bill) of a ‘bog standard’ glass of red wine NOT being on any package.  I have  seen those priced at around $14-15 a glass. (plus gratuity, I know).

If I'm understanding your question, I think you are asking if on Oceania there is a "house"/standard red wine or white wine option at a "house" price that is lower than named/branded wines by the glass (which system is found at many shoreside European restaurants)? 

If that is your question, then the answer is no. The only wines by the glass options are those on the various wine lists that have been posted (which I agree are getting quite high with the gratuity being added on top, and is likely why people who drink are so interested in the drink packages).

Edited by ShopperfiendTO
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, marieps said:

Well, Lyn, I think you know pretty much everything there is to know.  Thank you for a prompt and I'm sure accurate response.

Did you look at Post #59 (the image posted) of this thread? (of course, assuming that it hasn't changed in the last two weeks which unfortunately currently seems quite possible...):

image.jpeg

Edited by ShopperfiendTO

Both 

The price on the menu posted on this thread shows all the wines that are offered by the glass and lists the non-package price.  So, there are no red wines offered less than $14 per glass.  As you noted, there is an additional 20% gratuity added on to the listed prices.  That's the amount added to your onboard account.

The wines listed are those that are available with or without the package;  there are no different wines by the glass offered in either case.

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ShopperfiendTO said:

If I'm understanding your question, I think you are asking if on Oceania there is a "house"/standard red wine or white wine option at a "house" price that is lower than named/branded wines by the glass (which system is found at many shoreside European restaurants)? 

If that is your question, then the answer is no. The only wines by the glass options are those on the various wine lists that have been posted (which I agree are getting quite high with the gratuity being added on top, and is likely why people who drink are so interested in the drink packages).

Thank you, I think I’ve understood now. Maybe the other cruise lines I’ve been on which have say 2 levels of quality for drinks (say medium quality vs higher end) rather than 2 distinct timings regimes (just with meals or all the time) has confused me!

50 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

The price on the menu posted on this thread shows all the wines that are offered by the glass and lists the non-package price.  So, there are no red wines offered less than $14 per glass.  As you noted, there is an additional 20% gratuity added on to the listed prices.  That's the amount added to your onboard account.

The wines listed are those that are available with or without the package;  there are no different wines by the glass offered in either case.

So that’s all I really needed to know all along “there are no red wines …. less than $14 per glass”. Very clear (at last)……. Thanks ever so.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I`m sailing Miami to Venice (Trieste) on 22 March 23. Some passengers will be disembarking in Rome (Civitavechia) whilst others are embarking for the trip to Trieste.

My understanding of this is that it is a B2B or split cruise. 

Purchasing the upgrade to the Prestige package , would I have to purchase the upgraded package for the entire cruise from Miami to Venice or could I just purchase from Miami to Rome as the latter part of the cruise is quite port intensive?

23 hours ago, ShopperfiendTO said:

Did you look at Post #59 (the image posted) of this thread? (of course, assuming that it hasn't changed in the last two weeks which unfortunately currently seems quite possible...):

image.jpeg

Missed it.  Thanks for reposting.  Proves one thing, Lyn was right!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, gwilli said:

Thanks for all of the above information. 

Do they offer bottles of wine?  Are there any wine bottle packages?  

Yes but not in the Beverage packages

They used to  have  a package deal for 7 bottles for  a set price off a set list

the list can vary 

• Like 1

We have sailed O before and just paid by the drink.  Recently we have only sailed Regent and have gotten used to the ease of ordering drinks.  DW did not like signing for drinks.  (She even got chased down the hall once!).  If you buy the prestige package how is the interaction with the server?  I'm guessing you just show a card?

1 hour ago, alainciao said:

We have sailed O before and just paid by the drink.  Recently we have only sailed Regent and have gotten used to the ease of ordering drinks.  DW did not like signing for drinks.  (She even got chased down the hall once!).  If you buy the prestige package how is the interaction with the server?  I'm guessing you just show a card?

Correct. The server will scan your card and that's it. Usually by Day 3 they might not even ask for it as they know what package you have.

• Like 1