Riviera New Bar Drinks, Menus and Prices

Robjame

Two points:

1. At Happy Hour, a double can be substituted for two drinks. For example , I’ll order a double Knob Creek Old Fashioned. One drink with two shots and that counts as my 2 for 1.

2.  My lovely wife and I have plenty of time to sit alone together and enjoy various adult beverages. Aboard ship we would rather be in the bars meeting fellow passengers, or maybe that bartender, than just sitting in our cabin or veranda. So except for a possible nightcap cognac, we don’t haul aboard hard liquor. Each to their own.

• Like 5

On 1/10/2023 at 6:45 AM, Robjame said:

We were given this certificate when we upgraded to Prestige from OLife House and were told the discount applied.

image.thumb.jpeg.69fc71d00af28cc1288dffa9f36c8db0.jpeg

Thanks, I'll be interested to see what happens on our cruise. All the representatives I've spoken with at Oceania have told me we'd pay $40, not $20, for the upgrade. (And for @Robjamethey said $30.) Then again, I've been advised not to trust what Oceania reps say, which is kind of annoying, TBH.

• Like 2

On 2/2/2023 at 8:48 AM, DCGuy64 said:

Thanks, I'll be interested to see what happens on our cruise. All the representatives I've spoken with at Oceania have told me we'd pay $40, not $20, for the upgrade. (And for @Robjamethey said $30.) Then again, I've been advised not to trust what Oceania reps say, which is kind of annoying, TBH.

@DCGuy64 I finally got an agent who forwarded the email she had concerning the price increase.  For people with the OLife House Beverage Package,  you can only upgrade to the Prestige Package while onboard the ship.  The upgrade is priced for an onboard purchase at $69.95/pppd, but the OLife House Package is valued at $39.95/pppd so the difference is $30/pppd up from the $20/pppd prior to 1/1/2023.

Below you’ll find the details on the new pricing structure for our beverage packages that has been rolled out, effective with voyages commencing January 1, 2023 or later:

Advance Purchase (Prior to Sailing)

$29.95 per guest, per day – House Select

$59.95 per guest, per day – Prestige Select

Onboard Purchase( olife amenities pricing) 

$39.95 per guest, per day – House Select

$69.95 per guest, per day – Prestige Select

For those guests who have selected the beverage package (House Select) as their OLife Choice amenity and wish to upgrade once they are on board, the upgrade will be based on the onboard purchase price of $69.95 per guest, per day. Resulting in an additional 30.00 us per guest per day. As always these prices and terms are subject to change at any time.

Edited by 4jsmama
Add member tag
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, 4jsmama said:

@DCGuy64 I finally got an agent who forwarded the email she had concerning the price increase.  For people with the OLife House Beverage Package,  you can only upgrade to the Prestige Package while onboard the ship.  The upgrade is priced for an onboard purchase at $69.95/pppd, but the OLife House Package is valued at $39.95/pppd so the difference is $30/pppd up from the $20/pppd prior to 1/1/2023.

Below you’ll find the details on the new pricing structure for our beverage packages that has been rolled out, effective with voyages commencing January 1, 2023 or later:

Advance Purchase (Prior to Sailing)

$29.95 per guest, per day – House Select

$59.95 per guest, per day – Prestige Select

Onboard Purchase( olife amenities pricing) 

$39.95 per guest, per day – House Select

$69.95 per guest, per day – Prestige Select

For those guests who have selected the beverage package (House Select) as their OLife Choice amenity and wish to upgrade once they are on board, the upgrade will be based on the onboard purchase price of $69.95 per guest, per day. Resulting in an additional 30.00 us per guest per day. As always these prices and terms are subject to change at any time.

And don't forget that those Silver(10 cruises) and above get a 10% discount when they purchase the package pre-cruise. In the past you could also get the discount if purchased onboard, but you had to do it in the first 3 days. Of course with a 10 dollar a day difference it seems to only make sense to purchase it pre-cruise. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 4jsmama said:

I think it is very confusing for those new to Oceania  & the wording

as noted in the above

If you have the O Life beverage package  the new price to Upgrade is $30 pp pd  forget all the other mumbo jumbo

The rest of the figures are if you purchase either package out right  either pre cruise or the onboard price

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

as noted in the above

If you have the O Life beverage package  the new price to Upgrade is $30 pp pd  forget all the other mumbo jumbo

The rest of the figures are if you purchase either package out right  either pre cruise or the onboard price

@LHT28Sorry if I added to the confusion.  I thought it would be helpful to provide verbiage directly from Oceania in order to resolve for @DCGuy64 whether he would be required to pay $20, $30, or $40 to upgrade from OLife House Beverage package to Prestige while onboard the ship.  Cheers and Happy Sailing!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 4jsmama said:

@LHT28Sorry if I added to the confusion.  I thought it would be helpful to provide verbiage directly from Oceania in order to resolve for @DCGuy64 whether he would be required to pay $20, $30, or $40 to upgrade from OLife House Beverage package to Prestige while onboard the ship.  Cheers and Happy Sailing!

@4jsmamaIt is not you 

Oceania like to confuse  people will all the mumbo jumbo  & it is very frustrating  even for those of us that have sailed Oceania  for years

31 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

as noted in the above

I don't know Lyn, for me everything after the word "Below" seems pretty clear. If this is the information CSR are given I don't see how they can mess it up the way we've seen here a few times. But years ago I worked Quality Control in a call center for a major phone company and was amazed at some of the things I heard CSRs say. You know when you hear that recording that says "This call may be monitored or recorded"? That was what I did for a while. Seems like a lifetime ago. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

I'm booked Cruise Only.  If I go online and pre purchase the Premium Package, will they use my on board credit to pay for it?

I think  you can  use  the OBC if it is in your online account  when you make the purchase

50 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

I'm booked Cruise Only.  If I go online and pre purchase the Premium Package, will they use my on board credit to pay for it?

Yes, if the credit shows on your account.

Remember that TA provided OBC typically doesn’t show up until boarding.

Just now, pinotlover said:

Yes, if the credit shows on your account.

Remember that TA provided OBC typically doesn’t show up until boarding.

Thank you.  It's loyalty obc and some O credit because they changed departure port.

Looking at the new price list and thinking maybe I will drink enough to justify it.😃  Only did it once before and didn't drink enough to justify the cost.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruisingxpert said:

Thank you.  It's loyalty obc and some O credit because they changed departure port.

Looking at the new price list and thinking maybe I will drink enough to justify it.😃  Only did it once before and didn't drink enough to justify the cost.

Seize the Day! 😇

• Like 1

Apologies if this question has already been answered, but I see several replies about wine under $14 per glass. Is there a cut off on price that you are allowed under the prestige package? If you order a drink that exceeds whatever cut off amount is, do you simply pay the difference? Many thanks from this "O" first timer. 

2 minutes ago, SSFrance69 said:

Apologies if this question has already been answered, but I see several replies about wine under $14 per glass. Is there a cut off on price that you are allowed under the prestige package? If you order a drink that exceeds whatever cut off amount is, do you simply pay the difference? Many thanks from this "O" first timer. 

NO 

any wine  by the glass on the bar menu is included in the package

• Like 2

On 2/3/2023 at 10:20 PM, 4jsmama said:

Thank you, this is very helpful. I've decided that it's not worth the extra money, as I worked out using a spreadsheet how much I'd likely spend paying as I went vs getting the upgrade and I'd save more money buying drinks separately. One thing that is still a mystery is whether wines poured at the bars are included or not. My understanding, as a first-timer with Oceania, is that the House Select package only covers wine, beer and champagne during lunch and dinner only and in the restaurants only. Meaning if I had a quick lunch and wanted a glass of champagne at the bar while lunch was still being served, I'd have to pay out of pocket. Only time will tell. BTW I got my Oceania vacation guide in the mail today. 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

Meaning if I had a quick lunch and wanted a glass of champagne at the bar while lunch was still being served, I'd have to pay out of pocket. Only time will tell. BTW I got my Oceania vacation guide in the mail today. 😄

If you want a quick glass  while  having lunch  ask the wine waiter to bring your choice  from the menu  no need to get up from your meal to go to the bar

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Thank you, this is very helpful. I've decided that it's not worth the extra money, as I worked out using a spreadsheet how much I'd likely spend paying as I went vs getting the upgrade and I'd save more money buying drinks separately. One thing that is still a mystery is whether wines poured at the bars are included or not. My understanding, as a first-timer with Oceania, is that the House Select package only covers wine, beer and champagne during lunch and dinner only and in the restaurants only. Meaning if I had a quick lunch and wanted a glass of champagne at the bar while lunch was still being served, I'd have to pay out of pocket. Only time will tell. BTW I got my Oceania vacation guide in the mail today. 😄

You are correct, if you are in the bar you will be charged. You are done with dinner or lunch. There will probably not be any bars open at lunch except for Waves bar. 

I don't have the package, but wondering could you just order two glasses of wine with lunch? Let them know you want a second when you order the first, that way you won't have to wait and you will get your two drinks? They don't have to bring both at the same time, but when they see you getting low they can bring out the next one? That sounds fair and within the package restrictions. 

4 hours ago, jennybenny said:

I don't have the package, but wondering could you just order two glasses of wine with lunch? Let them know you want a second when you order the first, that way you won't have to wait and you will get your two drinks? They don't have to bring both at the same time, but when they see you getting low they can bring out the next one? That sounds fair and within the package restrictions. 

They typically only bring one glass at a time. 

49 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

They typically only bring one glass at a time. 

Oh, I get that. My point is, if when I order my first one, I say, I'm going to want another during my meal. I'd expect them to keep an eye on me and not leave me thirsty 🙂 At least, I've seen land restaurants pay attention to this and come in time to ask me if I want another before my current runs out. It takes some skill, but if warned they can usually manage it.  😉