Princess Plus drink package and ordering through the medallion app

ChanaC

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

I've been told that you can now see the count in the app. I know I saw a post somewhere here on CC with a screenshot of the app showing that info.

I saw that as well.

But Princess only care about alcoholic drinks if you have the Plus or Premium packages - they couldn't care less about how many bottles of water you have.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I saw that as well.

But Princess only care about alcoholic drinks if you have the Plus or Premium packages - they couldn't care less about how many bottles of water you have.

Quite true. Likewise, they don't care how many snazzy coffee drinks you have. I love being able to have a morning Vanilla Latte with "extras" such as an extra shot of espresso (or 2), or a shot of Jameson. We have 32 day B2B2B booked on Grand Princess (in a nice Caribe deck balcony) starting in September and have the Plus 50 on the first leg and the Plus 60 on the second two legs so we are good there. My wife is making noises about cancelling the initial flight to Australia and, instead, booking 31 days B2B2B and sailing to Australia. I can tell you if we do add those it will be the "no frills" package and in an inside cabin. That would seriously curtail the coffee and "other beverage" consumption on those segments but I think we could "tough it out" without incurring any serious damage. 😉

11 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Quite true. Likewise, they don't care how many snazzy coffee drinks you have. I love being able to have a morning Vanilla Latte with "extras" such as an extra shot of espresso (or 2), or a shot of Jameson. We have 32 day B2B2B booked on Grand Princess (in a nice Caribe deck balcony) starting in September and have the Plus 50 on the first leg and the Plus 60 on the second two legs so we are good there. My wife is making noises about cancelling the initial flight to Australia and, instead, booking 31 days B2B2B and sailing to Australia. I can tell you if we do add those it will be the "no frills" package and in an inside cabin. That would seriously curtail the coffee and "other beverage" consumption on those segments but I think we could "tough it out" without incurring any serious damage. 😉

Hmmm - unfortunately I don't think we will ever be in the fortunate position of having that sort of choice ! 

When we were younger, and poorer, we cruised in inside cabins.  But now,  no, no , never! 

Enjoy Australia - hopefully if you haven't already done so, you will have time to visit the outback and Uluru,  not just be confined to the coast.

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Enjoy Australia - hopefully if you haven't already done so, you will have time to visit the outback and Uluru,  not just be confined to the coast.

I wish we could do so. I have had someone on the Australia Cruisers board link several options of that sort but we are limited in what we can do and it seems that cruising is it. Kind of like visiting the east or west coast of the US on a cruise or even visiting Hawaii on a cruise. All you can get is a small "sampler". It would be better to be able to spend several week in the country first and then cruise but it just isn't going to happen.

We still have a large portion of our own country to visit and explore. The difference between Oregon or Washington and a visit to Alabama or Tennessee is actually a bit like a visit to different countries. Same as visiting Texas vs visiting Maine. Different scenery, different architecture, different customs, different accents (which can be akin to different languages!). Pretty much totally different cultures. My wife plans multi-week camping trips across the country for us every year.

1 minute ago, Thrak said:

I wish we could do so. I have had someone on the Australia Cruisers board link several options of that sort but we are limited in what we can do and it seems that cruising is it. Kind of like visiting the east or west coast of the US on a cruise or even visiting Hawaii on a cruise. All you can get is a small "sampler". It would be better to be able to spend several week in the country first and then cruise but it just isn't going to happen.

We still have a large portion of our own country to visit and explore. The difference between Oregon or Washington and a visit to Alabama or Tennessee is actually a bit like a visit to different countries. Same as visiting Texas vs visiting Maine. Different scenery, different architecture, different customs, different accents (which can be akin to different languages!). Pretty much totally different cultures. My wife plans multi-week camping trips across the country for us every year.

Understoood. We spent five weeks touring Australia, mixture of driving and flying,  and barely scratched the surface. 

And yet, like you, there are large parts of the UK, only a few hundred miles away from us, that we have never seen. Heck, I haven't been to London for twenty years, and many Americans on this forum know it better than I do !

13 hours ago, Thrak said:

As a 76 year old, 50 year resident of Tennessee, I thank you for your compliment on my adopted state. But I hope my sister doesn't read this, she lives in Oregon!😉

You are quite right of course, each state in our USA is so different. Thank God for the differences, at least the good ones, and the good ones outweigh those not so good usually.😎

Doug

4 hours ago, killsport said:

Got my answer from a fellow cruiser. In the app:

Profile > Folio, Packages, and Prizes > Packages

Then scroll to Plus Beverage Package and it shows 0/15 (we haven't had specialty coffee yet)

Specialty coffees are not charged against your 15 drinks

• Like 1