PRINCESS U.K. website

Bedruthen

I have totally failed in trying to find the U.K. website address. I have going round and round on the US site which basically directs you to Carnival House. Can someone, anyone please put me out of my misery and give me the website address so that I can check availability and £ prices for a cruise departing in August from Las Angeles!

I’m not sure this will help much, but I’m in the UK and have just logged onto www.Princess.com and have been able to search for sailings from LA in August and they have come up priced in £GBP. If you’re also in the UK I’m not sure why your experience would be different

unless you’re using a non-uk vpn, but to be fair I’m really not very tech savvy so others can probably suggest other solutions. 

If you are in the UK Princess.com will show you prices in GBP. If you are out of the UK it will probably see your IP and show you local currency. I would try and log in and look at prices or use a VPN. Are you in the UK at the moment?

I put in the website www.Princess.com. I select the cruise and it only shows a lead in price for an inside. And a message 'find a travel agent' click on that, enter UK and it gives Carnival House address. Click on travel agent locator on 3rd page and we go back to entering country of residence… I have given up. I just want to see cabin availability, why is it now so difficult or am I doing something wrong.

95FE4785-4C52-4A3E-A682-791402CF48EF.jpeg

103CFB32-FE9D-4400-A7F9-0A1613936CD4.jpeg

5F627DA5-4CB3-45F8-A968-9C6D76F6D15E.jpeg

Well...are you actually looking for a travel agent?  If not...don't click on that button.  Just search through cruises normally.  It is my understanding (I may very well be wrong) that their website "senses" your location and will be gin to show you pricing in pounds.  The cruises themselves are not going to be displayed any differently...a cruise is a cruise is a cruise.  They don't care where you're coming from!  You can apply search filters to narrow them down to only UK sailings if that's what you want.

There is definitely something up with Princess website in UK. I tried going on to it via my phone which I haven’t used before for looking at cruises. I get the same as you but looking carefully the price on the front page is in Euros, not pounds. I think that’s why you can’t get anywhere with finding cruises as your IP address, like mine, will be a UK one. I wonder if when booking from Europe you have to use a travel agent rather than booking direct.

However, if I use my iPad which is what I have always used for Princess I have no problem researching cruises at all. I’m assuming the cookies on that ensure I reach the right site. 

I don’t know what to suggest to get on the right site I’m afraid but did want you to know that it’s not just you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, antsp said:

There is definitely nothing wrong with Princess uk website, you can only access it with a UK ip address or by registering as a UK address 

Except I am a UK resident with only a UK IP address and yet if I try to access the UK site on my phone I can only get a Europe Princess website and experience the same problems as the OP. The same IP address will be used for my iPad and gets me on to the UK website so I can only put it down to some website glitch.

I have no way of testing this...but I ran across an interesting article that discusses this topic and offers suggestions on how to stop Chrome from redirecting:

https://www.alphr.com/stop-redirects-chrome/

One thing I'm curious about for UK users...once you go to Princess.com (supposedly the US version) and click on a button or two...does your address bar still show as "www.princess.com" or has it added anything like "UK" somewhere in the URL?

I'm in the UK and both on my phone and my computer "princess.com" gets me the British version of the website. I booked a cruise a couple of days ago, all priced in GBP (even though it doesn't start in the UK).

There is something wrong/weird about the cruise the OP is looking at. I get this error message when I search for it:

Mon, Aug 21, 2023 on Emerald Princess

Pricing is currently not available for this date or the selected cabin type. Please try a different departure date, cabin type or check back later

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2023 at 4:16 PM, antsp said:

There is definitely nothing wrong with Princess uk website, you can only access it with a UK ip address or by registering as a UK address 

Maybe not for you, but I still cannot access it. I have cleared cookies, I am based in U.K. and don’t have a VPN. And I am a returning customer and have never had a problem before booking with them, although always previously ex Southampton. I’ve given up and contacted my cruise agent.