Wearing Jeans for breakfast and lunch is it OK

getting older slowly

Back to the original question - yes, jeans are absolutely fine pre 6pm either for breakfast or lunch. No one really cares in my experience.

If in doubt, opt on the side of being smarter.  I usually do chinos rather than jeans, but that’s a personal preference. 

I’ve generally found the TA to be smarter than the Med and Caribbean sailings. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, AspirationalFlyer said:

I’ve generally found the TA to be smarter than the Med and Caribbean sailings. 

If only because of the weather. Only the battle hardened would wear shorts for breakfast in the windy mid-Atlantic, whereas in the Med. it is quite different.

On 5/19/2023 at 1:40 AM, NE John said:

You’re right, @getting older slowlyseem to give good comments and booked another Cunard voyage but didn’t reply specifically about jeans in QG.

Maybe they can revisit?

To reply... Dress up for predinner and in the evening  but for next cruise Lunch will be black jeans and a shirt and blue jeans and polo for breakfast and wandering around the ship.

Really enjoyed the QG  and looking forward to our next cruise

Cheers   Don 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If QV and QE are the same as QM2, which we are currently on then there is no need to worry even for dinner in MDR about dress code. QM2 transatlantic cruises always used to be more formal than QV/QE but not anymore as dress code standards since our last roundtrip TA have significantly declined. 

QV recently had almost everyone dressing up every evening for dinner, and even more so on Gala nights. I didn't see any casual dressing at dinner or in the Commodore Club and Queens Room in the evenings.  Of course on deck it is different and plenty casual dressers in the Lido buffet - but the evenings in MDR and other public areas were maintained with high standards of dress. Perhaps QM2 TA has changed in terms of what some passengers coming in to Cunard voyages are doing.

2 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Last night, our first night on QV, jackets were universal in QG, but not ties. Such is the power of the air conditioning, those not wearing a jacket would have perished before their wine arrived.

We were rather warm during dinner but the sun was beating down on us.