Pressing issue (or best strategy)

peanutter

Hi all! I'm packing for our NA cruise leaving on Sunday (over the top excited!) and try as I might, I know some of my DH's stuff will be wrinkled. I already bought the pressing package in preparation. A few of his things he will need for dinner the next evening. My question is, would it be best for me to send those few items out immediately after boarding and wait to send the rest afterwards? Or does the quantity I send effect the turn around time at all?

I guess my mileage may vary, but any advice/experience you may want to share is appreciated. TIA

We’re currently on the koningsdam and in January we were on the Zaandam.  The laundry has been outstanding, send what you need to have done as soon as you get on. Don’t worry about the number of things.

One tip on packing is to keep sport coats/shirts on hangers and in those plastic dry cleaning bags.  Just fold over them once and pack them.  I use the covered half of my hard sided bag.  Everything comes out great.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, peanutter said:

Hi all! I'm packing for our NA cruise leaving on Sunday (over the top excited!) and try as I might, I know some of my DH's stuff will be wrinkled. I already bought the pressing package in preparation. A few of his things he will need for dinner the next evening. My question is, would it be best for me to send those few items out immediately after boarding and wait to send the rest afterwards? Or does the quantity I send effect the turn around time at all?

I guess my mileage may vary, but any advice/experience you may want to share is appreciated. TIA

We have sent items out immediately upon boarding and have had them back that same evening. But as you said your mileage may vary. 

1 hour ago, Cruise NH said:

We’re currently on the koningsdam and in January we were on the Zaandam.  The laundry has been outstanding, send what you need to have done as soon as you get on. Don’t worry about the number of things.

One tip on packing is to keep sport coats/shirts on hangers and in those plastic dry cleaning bags.  Just fold over them once and pack them.  I use the covered half of my hard sided bag.  Everything comes out great.  

Always works for me, especially my dress shirts.