Pre-cruise hotel in Lisbon

Stefanka

I long with approximately 25 people will be going on a cruise September 6, 2023 out of Lisbon. When I asked my NCL representative what hotels NCL is holding in Lisbon I was told that there are none. Just find that hard to believe since I’ve been on many cruises, and they always have space at hotels. Can someone confirm this is correct? This is just causing me extra research since now we need to find hotel space on our own and arrange transfers from the airport to our hotel and then pick up from our hotel to the cruise port. Any information anyone has would be very much appreciate it.

There are so many good hotels in Lisbon - I recommend Hotel Rossio near Placa Commercaicao - great location. No offence but you make it sound like the end of the world trying to arrange transfers etc - it can be done.

Use Viator to arrange a pick up at the airport - they will be there with a sign with your name on it. Take a cab to the port from your hotel. Truly very simple, and someone in your large group should be able to figure it out.

Edited by RD64
Spelling
  • Like 2

We also were booked in a Marriott in Lisbon before our TA.  Did you just ask if they were holding rooms at a hotel or are you doing the whole Air to Sea package?

It's not the "end of the world" if you have to arrange all that yourself but I'm like you.  I like emailing my travel agent, tell her what cruise I want to go on and she sends me an invoice to pay with the air, pre and/on post hotels and transfers.  I do have a history with our travel agent, she's very good and knows all our expectations, wants and needs though.

Booking 12 or so rooms on your own you can probably get a better deal on your hotel than NCL would offer if you are just doing 1 day I would book near the terminal otherwise we prefer  more central local one year we stayed at the  Fenix music and it was pretty  nice 

https://www.hfhotels.com/en/hotels-en/hf-fenix-music-en/

Contact any hotel directly to get the best rate.

• 1 month later...

i usually log onto booking or hotels.com. once you indicate where youre going and what dates, you will get an almost unlimited amount of choices.

pick out a few that you may wish to consider, then log onto google to check the distance from the chosen hotel to the cruise port

6 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

We loved the Hotel Baixa in Lisbon and both Uber and taxis are inexpensive.

That is great to hear. We already booked to stay in Hotel Baixa for 3 nights pre-cruise in November this year! 😃

11 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

That is great to hear. We already booked to stay in Hotel Baixa for 3 nights pre-cruise in November this year! 😃

Great!  Perfect location for walking/transit, tastefully decorated and comfortable rooms, fantastic breakfast buffet and helpful staff.  We stayed in 4 different hotels in Portugal and they were all fine but Hotel da Baixa was the standout. 

• Thanks 1