Question re Solo Cabins on Apex

mosleyman

Linda - looks like there may be 3 more videos.   The red symbol on the cabins indicates there's a youtube attached video

Here's another from a guys point of view - of course he doesn't even show the closet.

11 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

The booking code ES - Single Veranda.   I read they also have inside but couldn't find it by looking at booking codes

Good Video Here

Apex

image.png.fc0f6aae35bbbecc9e73a0737629a68e.png

Edge

image.png.90d7d40da537b6b613785fc70c51455a.png

ES

Edge Single Strm Winfinite Ver

That;s my video!! 🙂

I really loved the room. I don't spend days hanging out in my room, and I'm a very low maintenance traveler and packer (I did a 10-night trip pre-cruise, Alaskan running cruise, post-cruise) in carry-ons only.

If you're used to only suites and to having multiple pieces of luggage and hanging out in your room all day, it's probably not the room for you. But I loved it and if I continue cruising Celebrity and the itineraries and dates match up I'll definitely sail in one again.

They are listed under veranda cabins as "Edge Single Stateroom With Infinite Veranda".

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

That;s my video!! 🙂

I really loved the room. I don't spend days hanging out in my room, and I'm a very low maintenance traveler and packer (I did a 10-night trip pre-cruise, Alaskan running cruise, post-cruise) in carry-ons only.

If you're used to only suites and to having multiple pieces of luggage and hanging out in your room all day, it's probably not the room for you. But I loved it and if I continue cruising Celebrity and the itineraries and dates match up I'll definitely sail in one again.

They are listed under veranda cabins as "Edge Single Stateroom With Infinite Veranda".

Thank you for posting the video.    I was really impressed with the room.   If I were to travel alone I would be very happy with it. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mosleyman said:

Thank you.  It’s for my son to get him out of our room.  When I do a mock booking that category does not come up. I checked under both veranda and inside rooms.  I will assume that they are all taken.  

Maybe ask @WrittenOnYourHeart.    They may hold them and you have to call in to book them.  Worth giving your Agent or Celebrity a call.

5 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

That;s my video!! 🙂

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thank you for posting the video.    I was really impressed with the room.   If I were to travel alone I would be very happy with it. 

Same!  As a solo traveler I thought the room looked well laid out, special kudos for the bathroom (which are generally a bit nicer on X ships anyway).  I don't usually book veranda rooms but if there was one available and the price was reasonable (???) I would have no problem with what is on offer in that cabin.

(I don't use drawers much anyway other than to stash socks and unmentionables [underwear].). I might bring a few magnet or Command hooks though. Are the cabin walls magnetic?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Linda - looks like there may be 3 more videos.   The red symbol on the cabins indicates there's a youtube attached video

Here's another from a guys point of view - of course he doesn't even show the closet.

One video was all I needed to see.  As I said, I could not sail in that cabin.  For those who can, fine.  Thanks to those who posted the videos so that we can all make our own decisions.

I have stayed in this cabin class three times, twice on the Edge and once on the Apex. I love the cabin class!  I’m not sure about the magnetic hooks but I have one tip that helps.  I brought along a couple of packing cubes(basically collapsible square storage cases) that I bought on Amazon.  I put my non hanging clothes in those which keeps the cabin neat.  Unfortunately, the cabins go quickly and with my experience today, I may be leaving Celebrity permanently after sailing exclusively with them.  I booked a single cabin in December for a 12 night sailing in Hawaii in November of 2024.  I received an email last week saying that it was now changed to a 13 sailing and I would receive a $100 OBC if I chose to rebook at “prevailing “ rates.  When I booked, the rate for AI was $3,000.  I was told today that the new rate would be $6,000.  So much for loyalty.  There is a thread on this topic and I will be posting this outcome there as well.  I take 2 or 3 Celebrity cruises a year but will now be looking for a new home.  So disappointing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Same!  As a solo traveler I thought the room looked well laid out, special kudos for the bathroom (which are generally a bit nicer on X ships anyway).  I don't usually book veranda rooms but if there was one available and the price was reasonable (???) I would have no problem with what is on offer in that cabin.

(I don't use drawers much anyway other than to stash socks and unmentionables [underwear].). I might bring a few magnet or Command hooks though. Are the cabin walls magnetic?

I did not take any magnets, but I'd assume they are metal since I think most cruise ship cabin walls are now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

You're welcome!! Prior to my cruise, the only one I found was by someone speaking another language, so I wanted to do one in English for those who speak it. 🙂

I definitely liked the stateroom!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ILgirl said:

I have stayed in this cabin class three times, twice on the Edge and once on the Apex. I love the cabin class!  I’m not sure about the magnetic hooks but I have one tip that helps.  I brought along a couple of packing cubes(basically collapsible square storage cases) that I bought on Amazon.  I put my non hanging clothes in those which keeps the cabin neat.  Unfortunately, the cabins go quickly and with my experience today, I may be leaving Celebrity permanently after sailing exclusively with them.  I booked a single cabin in December for a 12 night sailing in Hawaii in November of 2024.  I received an email last week saying that it was now changed to a 13 sailing and I would receive a $100 OBC if I chose to rebook at “prevailing “ rates.  When I booked, the rate for AI was $3,000.  I was told today that the new rate would be $6,000.  So much for loyalty.  There is a thread on this topic and I will be posting this outcome there as well.  I take 2 or 3 Celebrity cruises a year but will now be looking for a new home.  So disappointing.

I feel the need to correct the above.  I called my TA again and spoke with a different customer service rep. She spent over 3 hours on the phone with Celebrity reps comprised of 3 separate calls.  The outcome was Celebrity keeping my original $3,000 pricing and adding $250 in additional OBC!  I’m not sure if the result of the TA’s tenacity or Celebrity’s going above and beyond but my faith is restored in Celebrity and this should be an incredible cruise!

• Like 4