Can the Dyson Air Wrap be used on HAL Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam?

HarmonyoftheSeas5

Based on responses, I understand that some cruisers have had success in using the Dyson Air Wrap on board Disney, RCCL and Princess Cruise Line while others have not.   Has anyone used the Dyson Air Wrap onboard Holland America ships, specifically the Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam.                                               Thank you in advance for your response!

9 hours ago, HarmonyoftheSeas5 said:

Based on responses, I understand that some cruisers have had success in using the Dyson Air Wrap on board Disney, RCCL and Princess Cruise Line while others have not.   Has anyone used the Dyson Air Wrap onboard Holland America ships, specifically the Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam.                                               Thank you in advance for your response!

What is the Dyson Air Wrap, please?  The name conjures up several scenarios, none of which will be mentioned.

3 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:

What is the Dyson Air Wrap, please?  The name conjures up several scenarios, none of which will be mentioned.

Hair dryer.

I imagine it would work, if it works like any other dryer/curling iron.

There have been reports of Dyson products, in general, having spotty performance (not working) on ships.  I believe this is due to the electronics of the "digital motor" in Dyson products not being configured to accept the "floating ground" of shipboard electrical systems that may at times present voltage in the ground wires.

Similarly, I  have seen reports of newer "ceramic" hair straighteners not working, and these use electronics as well.

As for the two ships in the OP's question, they are no different than other ships as far as their electrical systems are concerned, and I think that the only difference as to when some Dyson products work and some don't is that there are changing conditions of whether or not a piece of equipment on the ship has a ground fault or not, and what voltage.

Edited by chengkp75
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:

I thought that HAL did not allow hair dryers to be brought aboard, or curling irons, either.  No?

From HAL's "exemptions" to the prohibited item list:

• Personal grooming devices such as hair dryers, flat irons, curling irons, shavers, and other electrical devices, such as fans (no larger than 12" in diameter), power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords (without surge protectors) are allowed when used with proper caution.  However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned on debarkation morning
  • Like 1