Size of Balconies on Ruby Princess? Photos?

HRHMadonna

If anyone is currently on the Ruby or has photos of balconies (especially on Caribe deck) I would appreciate any information you could share.

My group has been cruising with Princess for 20 plus years, and although we love the newer ships, we really miss the larger balconies on the older ships. We always have the steward open the connecting balcony doors and enjoy having a "balcony row". The newer balconies are so narrow, it is difficult to move from one to the next so we are thinking of booking the Ruby, one of the older ships for next year.

I am having a difficult time locating specific info on balcony sizes for the Ruby Caribe deck.  One Princess deck plan stated size as 45-90 sq ft --That's quite a large range!  I also checked the template for ship staterooms compiled here on CC, but while it has a lot of useful info, so many people described their Ruby balconies as adequate, normal or standard so that information wasn't very helpful.

TIA for your help.

Edited by HRHMadonna
typos

All balconies on the Grand Class ships are 9 feet wide.  Depending on if it is a balcony or mini-suite...and deck, size will differ.

Aft balconies are biggest.

Balconies on one of the decks (Caribe? Dolphin?) uncovered is 9 x 9.

Most mini-suite balconies are 9 x 6 (since the extra room is included in the interior space)

Suites may have balconies that are 18 feet wide (two cabin widths/bedroom/living area).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, HRHMadonna said:

If anyone is currently on the Ruby or has photos of balconies (especially on Caribe deck) I would appreciate any information you could share.

My group has been cruising with Princess for 20 plus years, and although we love the newer ships, we really miss the larger balconies on the older ships. We always have the steward open the connecting balcony doors and enjoy having a "balcony row". The newer balconies are so narrow, it is difficult to move from one to the next so we are thinking of booking the Ruby, one of the older ships for next year.

I am having a difficult time locating specific info on balcony sizes for the Ruby Caribe deck.  One Princess deck plan stated size as 45-90 sq ft --That's quite a large range!  I also checked the template for ship staterooms compiled here on CC, but while it has a lot of useful info, so many people described their Ruby balconies as adequate, normal or standard so that information wasn't very helpful.

TIA for your help.

We’ve been on several grand class ships and all of those balconies on the Caribe deck were large 9x9 with about 1/2 covered.  Our fave.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The caribe deck balconies on the Ruby are definitely larger cabins.  Just for reference, you can fit 6 chairs on these balconies and are larger than the balconies in the mini suites below on deck 9.  

check out the following site: cruisedeckplans.com for photos.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, HRHMadonna said:

TIA for your help.

Here’s Ruby Caribe deck port side picture

image.thumb.jpeg.de528e952fdc55351eaedafb3abe8702.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, HRHMadonna said:

TIA for your help.

Go to:

https://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=RU

You can always go to the Princess website and look at the deck plans of a particular ship. Then you will know the sizes of the balconies. Baja balconies are smaller than those on the Caribe deck for the Ruby. Some aft balconies are an exception. To see if they are covered, look the ship up online and look at "Images" and look at the particular deck.

• Like 1