Inside to concierge for $75.00 per day?

travelloverontario

48 minutes ago, travelloverontario said:

Well about an hour after I got off the phone the balcony price on the website dropped another $135 CAD total. I should have waited the extra hour before calling!!!

Now today I got a Move Up email. However, it is still showing us in an inside cabin. But here are a couple of options it gave me:

Inside to Balcony...min bid $200 pp

Inside to Family Verandah ..  min bid $270 pp

So... I wonder what my new/current move up bids may be? Maybe I should call. But...if it is the same customer service line, I really do not want to be on hold for another hour! I just want to talk with the same lady who booked my cruise to begin with... not the 'service' line.

I would call.  I would think you should be able to get the $135 CAD reduction, especially since you just changed yesterday.  Price guarantee?

1 hour ago, travelloverontario said:

Well I called and they gave me $100 USD in OBC!!!

Worth the call.

Which is what they should have done.   You lost your $200 OBC because you rebooked at the prevailing rate when you switched to the balcony GTY. 

Their Price Guarantee states that if the price changes within 48 hrs you are entitled to the difference in OBC (since it's after final payment).

• Thanks 1

On 2/14/2023 at 2:07 AM, travelloverontario said:

Okay...so after my 'short' hold of 58 minutes long...we are now booked in a GTY Balcony cabin.

Cost to upgrade from inside gty to balcony gty was $532  CAD.

That part I am happy with. I did lose my OBC ($200.00 USD...which came out to $269.  CAD).

So...all in all.. it is  an $801.00 CAD  difference for us. ($114 CAD per night(.

Not sure if it was as good of deal as I had originally thought (because of the loss of OBC)....BUT...we now have a balcony cabin!!!

Now...I hope for midship or aft, quiet, and unobstructed...lol

Thanks for your help  🙂

Ok, I'm lost here. What happened to the initial $75 for Concierge?

1 hour ago, Fly and Sail said:

Ok, I'm lost here. What happened to the initial $75 for Concierge?

After reading about balcony vs concierge, I decided to stick with balcony. I saved about $150 by doing so. Not sure if it was the right choice, but things I read and vidoes I watched swayed me that concierge perks may not be worth it for our cruising style 

We probably would not use the concierge, we don't make dining reservations, would not drink the sparking wine, do not need the mid day snacks, etc. The main perk would be the extra points and I did not think that was worth $150 CAD , so we went with the balcony gty instead