New to Celebrity...a few questions!

Tough Guy

We are new to Celebrity after lots of cruises with P&O, Cunard, Disney and Royal Caribbean so wondered if anyone would be able to answer, what I hope are, a few simple questions! 

- the website is not very clear on the bringing alcohol on board question as it says 2 bottles of wine (but subject to corkage). My assumption is that this is just badly written and the corkage only applies to bars/restaurants and not charged just for bringing on board?

- I’m familiar with Royal Caribbean drink packages and the constant sales…is it the same on Celebrity? The prices in the planner are currently £98 per day for Classic and £107 per day for Premium. This is pounds not dollars and seems VERY expensive.

- we tend to dine in the speciality restaurants instead of main dining due to my daughter being autistic (smaller spaces work better) but looking at the menus they don’t offer many (or any) vegetarian options. Are the online menus accurate or would a vegetarian be adequately covered?

- On one of the port days on our cruise they are offering the ‘Alcoves’ for £87 for the day. This sounds like a nice option for our daughter having a relaxing space for the day. What I’m not clear about is where it says the attendant can help with ‘refreshing enhancements’ and then lists ‘picnics, speciality restaurants’ etc. Does the Alcove options include any standard food that we can order through attendant? How do we order a picnic?! Would you have to have a booking for the speciality to be able to access their menu?

A big thanks in advance for any replies! I expect I will have more questions later...

You can bring 2 bottles of wine per adult person and the corkage fee is applied in restaurants but is waived altogether if you have the drinks package.

My experience is that there are vegetarian offerings on every menu and in the buffet but with advanced notice, they will often prepare vegetarian dishes not posted on the menu.

The best thing to do with regard to ordering picnics and such is to download the app and link it to your booking.  The app will list specifics for your sailing...also often found in the cruise planner.  Be aware though, some info in the app is place holder info and is updated once on board. 

8 minutes ago, Tough Guy said:

the website is not very clear on the bringing alcohol on board question as it says 2 bottles of wine (but subject to corkage). My assumption is that this is just badly written and the corkage only applies to bars/restaurants and not charged just for bringing on board?

You are allowed to bring two 750 ml bottles of wine onboard per person. Corkage fee is only if you bring the wine into the different bars/dining venues. No corkage fee for brining the wine onboard. You can pour a glass of wine in your stateroom and taking it into the other venues. 

Your first bullet point is correct, 2 bottles per person. The corkage fee would only apply in bars/dining rooms, however there is no corkage fee at all anywhere on the ship if you purchase one of the packages in your second bullet point. Those package prices don't seem out of line assuming that, because it's in pounds, it includes gratuities.

I can't help with your 3rd and 4th bullet points.