Allowed to have guest suite?

Cruisegirl6

2 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

With those connecting insides and sky suites on the E class ships you would think this matter would be a set policy by now. 

Thanks (and cheers) to those who've succeeded (one way or another :classic_rolleyes: heh), a set policy would motivate us to book the non suite/suite combo for family but the inconsistency and uncertainty makes it a bit of a gamble. On the other hand it fits five star luxury hospitality, anything is possible and achievable without set rules.

I much prefer the discretion. Every cruise is different, so discretion and flexibility is important. Rigid policies tend to take away more than they give. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

With those connecting insides and sky suites on the E class ships you would think this matter would be a set policy by now. 

I think it has been.  When sold together as a family suite all passengers in both rooms get Retreat benefits.  Of course they pay for it as the inside is sold at a much higher price in that configuration.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CruisersTimesThree said:

Not sure how often you’ve been a guest in Luminae but the policy has always been that having a guest is completely up to the discretion of the Maitre D’. He runs the show there, it’s his job and if he is expecting a full dining room at a particular time that you are asking to bring a guest(s), it’s his right to decline the request and try to work something else out for you. 

Often enough. Escalate to the F&B Director if you feel that decision doesn't make sense. Maitre D’ can be overruled at any time, He doesn't "run" anything.

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

I think it has been.  When sold together as a family suite all passengers in both rooms get Retreat benefits.  Of course they pay for it as the inside is sold at a much higher price in that configuration.

1st you need a good TA. It is my understanding the E Class family suites (sky suite and inside or sky suite with balcony) need to be linked together and booked together on the same credit card. Also get the information in writing from Celebrity. 

I was on a cruise recently where I had friends, one of whom was in a Celebrity Suite and one in Aqua, both solo in their room.  For 99.00 a day, the person in the Aqua room got access to all the suite places.  I know it's possible, has to be booked in advance, and they do limited number.  I'm not sure if it's only open when both are solo, or if, as original poster, third person is solo. 

Doesn't hurt to ask.  You might want to ask the agent to connect you to a shoreside concierge.