Best way to get from Belfast Cruise Terminal to Titantic Belfast

shepcookie

I'm trying to find out the best way to get from the Belfast Cruise Terminal to the Titanic Belfast.  Is there a bus that we can take from there? If so, are they frequent, and how long is the drive?

What about taking a taxi instead?

I done some research, but I'm getting mixed messages about the time it takes to get there.

Also, does the the Glider bus stop near the Titanic Belfast?  Thought this might be a better option to make our way around time after touring Titantic Belfast.

Is there also a bus that we can take back to the port from Belfast Central?

Sorry for all the questions, but I appreciate any help you can give!

Tammy

We took a taxi from ship to Titantic museum (the museum is very nice).  Then after our museum visit we walked from museum to city center.  That is an easy 20 min walk.    Then we caught a taxi from city center back to the ship.   You could do the reverse order - taxi to city center than walk to museum and taxi back.  You cannot walk from the ship to either (at least where our ship docked.) 

We also took a taxi, you'll find lots right by the ship as you dock. If you pre book the tickets you can miss any queues. I booked the White Star experience tickets last year but they are £51 this year. The tour was good though and the walk around outside out the size of Titanic into context.

Taxi rank is right outside museum.

As @fruitmachine said, the 94b bus runs from opposite the port entrance to Queens Road, just around the corner from the Titanic Experience.

The first direct bus leaves at around 10.40am; there are others before that (route 94) but they miss out the Titanic stop so it’s a slightly further walk from the nearest stop (but still only about 10 minutes).

Note - the 94 and 94b only run on weekdays, there’s no service on Saturdays or Sundays so if you’re there at the weekend a taxi or tour is really your only option.

From Titanic to the city centre you can either walk (20-30 mins) or get the G2 Glider bus from Queens Road (the stop opposite the one the 94b drops off at).

And from the city back to the ship the 94/94b run hourly from Wellington Square until 5pm. Journey time is around 20 mins. Again, no service at weekends though.

• Like 1

We took a taxi from the port which was easy (not pre-booked).  We had the taxi drop us off downtown as we had our own walking tour in mind. We then got a taxi from the main taxi line up across from the Belfast City Hall (worth a visit...there is a lot of history/Titanic artifacts inside) to the Titanic museum.  There is then a phone and taxi stand inside the Museum to use to get back to the ship.  We normally don't do taxis on our own but it was very easy at this port. 

If you are interested in the modern history about Belfast, I recommend a "Black Cab/Taxi Tour" -

they can pick you up right at the port and will drop you on request right in front of Titanic Museum and it takes around 60-90 Minutes - as others pointed out after the Titanic Museum it's a 20 minutes walk to the city center and you'll probably have a shuttle bus from City Hall back to your ship

On 3/3/2023 at 8:42 AM, TW6cruiser said:

We took a taxi from the port which was easy (not pre-booked).  We had the taxi drop us off downtown as we had our own walking tour in mind. We then got a taxi from the main taxi line up across from the Belfast City Hall (worth a visit...there is a lot of history/Titanic artifacts inside) to the Titanic museum.  There is then a phone and taxi stand inside the Museum to use to get back to the ship.  We normally don't do taxis on our own but it was very easy at this port. 

Question:  How did you pay for the taxi rides?  Was it by credit card or British pounds?