Watching March Madness while onboard

curse reversed

I'm on the Connie out of Tampa March 17th.  That's Day Two of the First Round of the NCAA Basketball Tournament.  Where would be the best place to watch the games?  Also, does anybody know if they will only have the games that are on CBS or if they will also have the games that are on TNT, TBS and/or truTV?  Fortunately we're at sea both days of the Second Round and both days of the Elite Eight the second weekend and the Sweet Sixteen games the second week don't start until after we're scheduled to leave port those days.

We watched it on the big screen outside on the Summit and at a couple different bars while on both the Reflection and Equinox.  Don't recall about what networks they carried, but I think it was more than just CBS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I set sail on March 12th and I plan on bringing my own device (firestick or Nvidia Shield) and connect to the TVs in my cabin too.  I’ll have the premium Wi-Fi and from what I’ve heard it should work well for streaming. We’ll see.  

I won’t spend the whole time in there watching but it will be nice to watch from time to time. And my devices have a dvr feature too so I can record and watch whenever. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, seemsee1 said:

I set sail on March 12th and I plan on bringing my own device (firestick or Nvidia Shield) and connect to the TVs in my cabin too.  I’ll have the premium Wi-Fi and from what I’ve heard it should work well for streaming. We’ll see.  

I won’t spend the whole time in there watching but it will be nice to watch from time to time. And my devices have a dvr feature too so I can record and watch whenever. 

It will work as I do it often.    There is a small challenge that you have to be able to log into one of your accounts.   I find Firestick difficult to accomplish this.    Advantage of a Firestick is it has built in VPN Apps with a couple VPN providers.    Roku has a quick and easy means of accomplishing this via a URL that you do on you phone.  Negative is Roku doesn't have native VPN available.

Work around is either a tiny Travel Router or create a hotspot using laptop.  

I have YouTubeTv so can also record on the net and watch at will using either Firestick or Roku. 

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

It will work as I do it often.    There is a small challenge that you have to be able to log into one of your accounts.   I find Firestick difficult to accomplish this.    Advantage of a Firestick is it has built in VPN Apps with a couple VPN providers.    Roku has a quick and easy means of accomplishing this via a URL that you do on you phone.  Negative is Roku doesn't have native VPN available.

Work around is either a tiny Travel Router or create a hotspot using laptop.  

I have YouTubeTv so can also record on the net and watch at will using either Firestick or Roku. 

Perfect!  Thanks for the confirmation and tips.  I’ll definitely bring my Nvidia shield instead of the FS.  VPN is straight forward and connecting is easier than FS too.  

I'll have to check it out .    Never heard of the Nvidia Shield, which surprises me as their headquarters is just down the street.  

It looks expensive compared to the other streaming devices but looks like it is also used for gaming.   Will be interesting to hear how it works.

Great time on board.  Wear your colors.   My wife and I always wear a MSU shirt when they were playing.  It was amazing how many would approach us and say they are Spartan fans and wanted to take a picture of us to sent to their Spartan friends.   We will be on board the Beyond from March 19 thru April 2.   We always have a Spartan Flag on our door.

Spartan Nation needs a lot of support and prayers because of the recent tragedy that happened on the campus.   Cheers to U of  M our most hated rivalry that reached out by giving their support and compassion 

GO GREEN!

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Thanks 1