Just off a fully sold out Bliss - the good, the bad, and the inbetween. Taking questions.

chloe173

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2023 at 5:23 AM, david_sobe said:

Exactly.  To each their own.  You actually make my point.  Everyone always justifies their selections.  My point is discussing those of us who have done each and compare.  Those opinions always get lost in the shuffle because of doubling down on their selection.   I always hear opinions exactly that how much people love walking to the Haven, etc.  I love having the Haven restaurant and Horizon lounge steps from your cabin.  Wake up late?  Just walk to the restaurant. You feel part of the complex.  My experience is also the concierge knows you better because they see you more often.  Although I never heard anyone say they would go bonkers staying in the Haven before. 😁

I agree with you here.  Our last 2 sailings we were in the Haven on deck 17.  This next sailing we'll be on deck 18 and while we will be closer to the restaurant, I don't think it'll feel the same as what we're used to being in the Haven.  I know, a quick elevator trip down, but previous sailings our rooms were right near the glass door going into where the concierge sits.  I can't imagine being on deck 11 - that's too far for the Haven experience, I would imagine.

On 2/23/2023 at 7:50 AM, njkate said:

When you scroll these forums long enough you quickly find out who the NCL cheerleaders are, the ones that defend them to the end. I don’t bother to read their comments any longer. 
I appreciate the reviews, the good, the bad and the ugly, I’m also aware reviews are subjective on certain things like food. I’m also aware one persons experience may not be the same as mine but I’m certainly not going to berate them on a negative review. 

The outliers on either side are pretty obvious to spot.  

On 2/20/2023 at 11:50 AM, newty25 said:

. . .I've heard you can bypass other floors in the elevator using your keycard, but I've never tried it. Would be funny to have a full elevator and keycard directly up to 17/18 though!

My brother was a Congressional page for about six weeks in 1972. The elevators had operators and the rule was Congressmen were to be taken directly to their floor. Either while he was there or shortly before an elevator operator didn't recognize a Congressman, and when the guy complained about stopping on other floors he responded, "You're going to have to wait your turn, Tex." I think he was out of a job after that.