Symphony venues/public spaces with an oceanview?

14 minutes ago, topnole said:

So I’m curious, was it warm enough for pool time or a bit on the cold side?  We are on this TA too and hoping the kids will be able to use the kids splash zone/water slides most of the trip.  But as Floridians, they don’t like it too cold.  

I know every year is different, but I’m hoping to know what is possible.  Our only other east bound TA was a May 1 departure and the weather was fantastic most of the trip.  

Does it end in Barcelona? Ours did.

We had some ok pool weather

We have done 4 eastbound TA's so far, all were in March and early April. 3 of them had calm seas and  fantastic weather. Pools were used the entire cruise and never needed long sleeves clothing.  The 4th one was completely different. 2 first days after leaving Florida were fine but after that the captain changed our course because of a major storm and we had very rocky seas, wind, rain and temperatures in the low 60's for the rest of the cruise. All these crossings took the southern route, ending in Spain or Italy.

14 minutes ago, eurodolphin said:

We have done 4 eastbound TA's so far, all were in March and early April. 3 of them had calm seas and  fantastic weather. Pools were used the entire cruise and never needed long sleeves clothing.  The 4th one was completely different. 2 first days after leaving Florida were fine but after that the captain changed our course because of a major storm and we had very rocky seas, wind, rain and temperatures in the low 60's for the rest of the cruise. All these crossings took the southern route, ending in Spain or Italy.

Thanks for that info.  Hope we get the better weather this time.  If you see me with my tall blond wife, young daughter and even younger two sons you’ll know who this is.  We are very excited and looking forward to an adventure.  Safe travels on your journey to the ship.  

30 minutes ago, topnole said:

Thanks for that info.  Hope we get the better weather this time.  If you see me with my tall blond wife, young daughter and even younger two sons you’ll know who this is.  We are very excited and looking forward to an adventure.  Safe travels on your journey to the ship.  

Thar's what we are hoping as well. We'll keep an eye our for you and your family. I am really tall as well, not blond though but lots of grey curls 😉 travelling with my husband. Would be nice to meet you. It will be an adventure indeed! Wishing you safe travels to Miami as well.

3 hours ago, eurodolphin said:

Wow people! Thanks to each and everyone of you for the many suggestions. i will print them out and will be walking around the ship with them so I can check out every spot!

When I get back I will let you all know my favorite!

Hope you have a fab cruise. We very nearly booked it, the price was so good. Bring her safely over to Europe. I'm looking forward to cruising on her this Spring. 

14 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Hope you have a fab cruise. We very nearly booked it, the price was so good. Bring her safely over to Europe. I'm looking forward to cruising on her this Spring. 

Thanks I'm sure we will!  You are right, we booked at a great price. I will personally ask the captain to "drive" safe so you can have a wonderful cruise as well.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, seychelle said:

Love the big ships, and have always been able to find a niche somewhere to watch the sea, but sometimes I miss the Viking Crown Lounge of the smaller ones with that beautiful panoramic view. 

Me too , VCL is a great space on the older ships, especially if you want somewhere quite to draw, read or play cards out of the sun or bad weather 

Edited by sgmn

I predict it will be a little chilly!  But most kids I see on board don't care and their lips are always purple!  They'd stay until ice cycles were dripping from their noses in my experience.  "Kids... can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em!"  Grumpy Old Men🤣

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, sgmn said:

Me too , VCL is a great space on the older ships, especially if you want somewhere quite to draw, read or play cards out of the sun or bad weather 

Yes exactly! I just hoped, bigger ship, bigger VCL 😅 Well I guess not.  But that is not going to keep me from having a great time. I will find these spots with an oceanview thanks to all the interesting tips I got here!

3 minutes ago, eurodolphin said:

Yes exactly! I just hoped, bigger ship, bigger VCL 😅 Well I guess not.  But that is not going to keep me from having a great time. I will find these spots with an oceanview thanks to all the interesting tips I got here!

Well, before the suite area was created, the big girls had a huge VCL😉